So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

Last night was just one big sorry mistake after another and the only person to come out with any credit from both management and playing staff was the goalkeeper.

prairiemoon said:
Decisions, decisions... Regardless, Mancini needs to get creative with our defense, in more ways than playing Kompany on the left. Get the holding DM position sorted, and pay NDJ more if that's what it takes!

I think that last night's game was exactly the wrong game for Nigel.
Bayern players tend to let the ball do the work, rather than run with it - Ribery being a notable exception.
Any good passing side can work the ball past NDJ, leaving him in no man's land. How many attacks did he break up last night?
(I'm a fan of his, by the way)

The only reason can be Kolo's experience in the Champions League. I was worried as soon as I saw it. Vinnie has been playing right centre back all season both goals came from that side last night. I can't help but think that Vinnie would have been there instead of gone missing or ball watching like Kolo. Personally think the Toure family were poor last night and we were lazy. Bayern covered far more ground than us.

Bluemoon115 said:
murcian blue 2 said:
kolo is much better passing the ball about lescot just puts it back where it came from most of the time
Kolo Toure - Better at passing.
Joleon Lescott - Better at tackling, heading, reading the game, reacting and was more match fit.

I think Lescott was more suitable.

" This "

Had a feeling the team didnt believe in the centre back pairing. Pity Mancini made such a change for the biggest game in our recent history.

It was the wrong game to do it in but it's in defence where Mancini has done the most tinkering this season swapping the full backs a few times and then this decision last night. Seems a little strange when that defence was equal best in the Premier League last year in terms of goals conceded. That said I do rate Clichy above Kolarov but Lescott should have been second name on the team sheet after Hart

Mike N said:
Had a feeling the team didnt believe in the centre back pairing. Pity Mancini made such a change for the biggest game in our recent history.
Not believing in the centre back pairing had nothing to do with why we lost. After we conceded, all believe was lost imo

I agree he shouldn't have dropped Lescott for Kolo. Of course, I would rather have given the chance to the player who kept Lescott from being absolutely humiliated against Everton instead.

kolo at his best is 100x better than Lescott at his best.

Unfortunately for Mancini, Kolo isn't back to his best yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.