So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

Just as the people who are claiming that Aguero no longer fits the system need to realise that not everyone thinks that's the case.
Some of us believe a player of his quality has what it takes to tweak his game and become the player Pep wants him to be - or are at least willing to give him the time to adapt. I appreciate patience is in short supply with many of our fanbase these days but I think there are exceptions who require some and Sergio is most definitely in that category.

I think it's pretty clear from the comments on both sides, what will happen. All sides want Aguero at City.

Pep will give Sergio as much time as he wants, to adapt, & Sergio will try to adapt to Pep's way of playing. In the meantime, Pep will pick teams which won't always have Aguero in them, if he isn't looking like being the best option on the day.

If Sergio finds he can't do it, & therefore is going to be 2nd choice if we play one striker, most of the time, then he wil have to decide whether he is content to see out his contract in that situation.

That's the basic situation, but I recon it's even more simple. If he hits anything like top form, he'll play most of the big games, irrespective of whether he's perfect for Pep's plans or not, but if he plays like he has most of this season, he won't get in the team, even if he does everything Pep asks.

He needs to play better, & put away his chances, in whatever style.

I think it's pretty clear from the comments on both sides, what will happen. All sides want Aguero at City.

Pep will give Sergio as much time as he wants, to adapt, & Sergio will try to adapt to Pep's way of playing. In the meantime, Pep will pick teams which won't always have Aguero in them, if he isn't looking like being the best option on the day.

If Sergio finds he can't do it, & therefore is going to be 2nd choice if we play one striker, most of the time, then he wil have to decide whether he is content to see out his contract in that situation.

That's the basic situation, but I recon it's even more simple. If he hits anything like top form, he'll play most of the big games, irrespective of whether he's perfect for Pep's plans or not, but if he plays like he has most of this season, he won't get in the team, even if he does everything Pep asks.

He needs to play better, & put away his chances, in whatever style.
I agree, it all hinges on Aguero as to wherever or not he has a future.

All depends on Aguero's attitude and willingness to work on his game. There have been comments in the past from ex-players that he is not the best of trainers. He'll have to work hard and prove to Guardiola that he warrants inclusion. I think he will get chances over time if he's patient and works hard because of the numbers of games we have, but we don't want a situation where he is not picked for the Champions League, the media go to town, the press start mischief-making etc and it becomes a fait accompli that he leaves in the Summer. I think Guardiola should give him an opportunity asap in the 1st team, and hopefully he takes it. I'd be surprised if he doesn't start tonight

I've gone from no way is Aguero to leavng to perhaps he may do.

Think it maybe all about youth for Pep and although Aguero isn't exactly old i think Pep will listen to offers and won't stand in his way.

would be very very tough to take though.

Guardiola's words don't fill me with confidence for Kun's future, same as his words on Vinny. Yes it's great that he's saying that he wants Aguero to stay. But he's also said that a 19 year old has come into the side and he saw something in that team that was "so so amazing". With respect to Jesus, Aguero's been here long enough and proven enough that his spot shouldn't be taken by the new kid quite so quickly. The fact it has suggests that Pep has a doubt over whether Kun is the right player for him.

You can't keep Aguero has a squad player either. I'd love to think that was possible but it's not realistic with his talent and the kind of suitors he'll have if he's even remotely unsettled.

Be interesting to see what team Pep picks tonight. The questions about Kun (and Vinny) were pointed and his answers were clear. Tonight's an opportunity to kill these headlines by picking both players.

Guardiola's words don't fill me with confidence for Kun's future, same as his words on Vinny. Yes it's great that he's saying that he wants Aguero to stay. But he's also said that a 19 year old has come into the side and he saw something in that team that was "so so amazing". With respect to Jesus, Aguero's been here long enough and proven enough that his spot shouldn't be taken by the new kid quite so quickly. The fact it has suggests that Pep has a doubt over whether Kun is the right player for him.

You can't keep Aguero has a squad player either. I'd love to think that was possible but it's not realistic with his talent and the kind of suitors he'll have if he's even remotely unsettled.

Be interesting to see what team Pep picks tonight. The questions about Kun (and Vinny) were pointed and his answers were clear. Tonight's an opportunity to kill these headlines by picking both players.

If Aguero was the Aguero of old though, he would be 'amazing' too & make it pretty much impossible for Pep to leave him out, whether he was 'right' for the system or not. Pep would have to adapt it & would gladly do so.

He hasn't been quite right & it's not just this season. His performance v Real Madrid last season, for example, was actually a bit weird.

I think Jesus is the key either way. He could take his spot & finish him at City, but he could also fire him up again. If it's the 2nd, we'd have chance of winning everything.

If Aguero was the Aguero of old though, he would be 'amazing' too & make it pretty much impossible for Pep to leave him out, whether he was 'right' for the system or not. Pep would have to adapt it & would gladly do so.

He hasn't been quite right & it's not just this season. His performance v Real Madrid last season, for example, was actually a bit weird.

I think Jesus is the key either way. He could take his spot & finish him at City, but he could also fire him up again. If it's the 2nd, we'd have chance of winning everything.

I don't think Aguero is that player. I don't think he has the mentality of a killer and I don't think that he's going to take Jesus having his spot as a challenge for him to up his game. It took two games on the bench for him to wander into the mixed zone and give everyone a headline when what he should've done was concentrate on getting back into the team. Didn't go unnoticed by the club either who literally sent out a statement of their own within minutes of his mixed zone comments.

Aguero has got until the end of the season to do the business. If it was the Aguero of 18 months ago, we would have a system to fit him. But it isn't

His form has been off but maybe not having all the responsibility might, just might, allow him to play with some freedom

If we are going to sell, this is the summer to do it. We can't have him hanging around, if he's going let him go and let's remember the good times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.