Social Media - is it really a good thing?

a lot of fake and stolen goods on there also

but you wouldn’t purchase until you’ve seen it. Unless your an idiot (not you, those that do) I’ve bought so much furniture off there for ridiculously cheap and it’s all been very good stuff

It's a truly terrible thing. I hand on heart believe our brains can't cope with the overload of information that it gives us and it's dumbed us down a lot. We weren't meant to be this connected with literally everyone. We're just not ready for it yet. I think it's pretty obvious that thinking we can live and discuss things with every single person in the world and get along perfectly is incredible naive. Social media removes the barrier. We have a nasty habit as a species on focusing on what makes us difference, as opposed to the good things. As a result there are too many cultural clashes and too many trivial things are blown up to become unnecessarily big issues that otherwise would have been ignored. It makes us more angrier, divided and at the same weirdly passive...I wish it didn't exist, and I literally work in social media!

Outside of this forum, I literally don't partake or exist.

Never been on Facebook, was on Twitter very briefly, don't do LinkedIn, I have literally four apps on my mobile phone.

If I need to speak to someone, I speak to them directly.

It is killing kids and society, the main reason my lad only got a mobile at 13 for school and it has to be switched off unless for emergencies. My nine year old won't be getting one until the same age.

Last edited:
For me it is a bad thing, I have a friend who can't put his phone down and is constantly on social media. Even when eating, he can't a full meal without at least scrolling his instagram 3 times, it is really depressing.

yeah its a pain in the arse when your out in a group and some fucker is constantly showing you stuff on facebook, they count people on there as friends, the only friends that count are the ones you can actually ring up and go for a pint with, the others are just needy nosey twats, i'm not on anything apart from bluemoon

Its a toxic place that on the whole causes far too much misery. I use bluemoon far too much in all honesty, but on the whole i enjoy my time on here. The same cannot be said for facebook or twitter. Deleted twitter a few years ago and was much better for it. Found myself falling out with total strangers over rediculous things and even mates. Facebook i very rarely touch now as all it is seems to be adverts for thing me and the wife were discussing and other than my mates chat we have on messenger id quite happly delete the thing.

People feel the need to be seen on social media and stand out and that usually means people acting like total bellends when in normal life they are perfectly sound. I fear for my kids growing up and how any young person copes in the current world of social media.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.