Social Media - is it really a good thing?

‘If I were a Tweeter,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a Twitty man.…’

(Spotted on Twitter a few minutes ago - it has its moments).

It's all a load of bollocks to many busy cunts. Only things I use are this forum and Youtube, same with the majority of my pals I use texts or a phone call and I'm in a couple of whatsapp groups thats about it

This is the only thing I'm active on and this place already takes up too much of my fucking time!
I wouldn't have time to sleep if I bothered with all the other shite.

For me it is a bad thing, I have a friend who can't put his phone down and is constantly on social media. Even when eating, he can't a full meal without at least scrolling his instagram 3 times, it is really depressing.
I believe it came about with good intentions but now people greed and the corporate/politicising of of it has taken over and whilst Zuckerberg et al are making billions they won't give a fuck how their product literally kills some people and puts others mental health at risk.

I believe it came about with good intentions but now people greed and the corporate/politicising of of it has taken over and whilst Zuckerberg et al are making billions they won't give a fuck how their product literally kills some people and puts others mental health at risk.
Definitely affects mental health, I know some people who are genuinely upset if they don't achieve what they beleive to be a satisfactory like count!

Reactions: mat
Up there with the worst inventions ever made.

The rise in various extremists are linked to the lies and distortions on social media sites. The biggest being Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, which have amplified conspiracy nonsense found on reddit and 4chan etc.

It's utterly destroyed political debate, objectivity and what is excepted as truth by monetising lies and hate.

I binned Facebook when people I thought were decent were sharing anti-Semitic stuff, others that Turkish people were coming to flood the country with crime.

No story was true but Facebook earned money from those posting it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.