Society as we know it to collapse within 20 years

Just been into town and now I know why I’m becoming more withdrawn from society, people in general are just cunts, the selfishness and I couldn’t give a fuck about anyone else is rampant now. I go to City and local pub quiz on a Wednesday night that is probably my biggest interaction with the general public these days and that’s enough. Driving is becoming a dice with death these days and people jump red lights etc. I thought Covid might have changed society and taught them that we all sort of need each other to make things better, if anything it’s made it worse. I think the road to collapse has already started and 20 years might be a bit optimistic, more and more people scrapping a living just to survive so that some **** can buy a bigger fucking yacht or kick a plastic ball round a pitch, I just don’t see an end to it, I’d rather just stay at home, even going on holiday now costs a fortune for a simple break for a week.

Just been into town and now I know why I’m becoming more withdrawn from society, people in general are just cunts, the selfishness and I couldn’t give a fuck about anyone else is rampant now. I go to City and local pub quiz on a Wednesday night that is probably my biggest interaction with the general public these days and that’s enough. Driving is becoming a dice with death these days and people jump red lights etc. I thought Covid might have changed society and taught them that we all sort of need each other to make things better, if anything it’s made it worse. I think the road to collapse has already started and 20 years might be a bit optimistic, more and more people scrapping a living just to survive so that some **** can buy a bigger fucking yacht or kick a plastic ball round a pitch, I just don’t see an end to it, I’d rather just stay at home, even going on holiday now costs a fortune for a simple break for a week.
Agreed..work and aldi is enough interaction for me

Would it be fair to describe you as a glass half empty type of guy?

station platform was kind of freaky this morning.

it was still dark, dead silent, and hundreds just standing there watching the glow of their phones. all the same posture. even when the train pulled up and doors opened they was still glued to their phones. in this aspect, the phone addiction is very black Mirror to me.

Was the same in the tram queue post match on Saturday.
It was amazing how the queue sped up when one of the Metrolink marshalls shouted "stop looking at your phones and start walking"!

Nowt wrong with that. In my experience, positivity / optimism simply increases the level of disappointment when shit happens.

Which it almost certainly will in the next 20 years
A mate of mine said something to me about 20 years ago which has never left me, and I remember thinking that it was such an odd view to have on life...

"Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed"

Sounds like he might have had a point!

Would it be fair to describe you as a glass half empty type of guy?
Yep, If You work with the general public like I did for over 20 years you’ll have seen the decline in our society, this has been exacerbated within I’d say the last 5 years or so, our inner cities are a mess, you might see gleaming high rises but look closer to the ground, fucking rubbish everywhere, homeless, people with heads in their phones, who would rather film than help someone, take a look at the car smash in Birmingham the other night where 4 died there loads of footage and in all of it no one makes an attempt to help anyone in the cars but they’ve all git their cameras out, I experienced that loads in work, it’s disgusting. Prices are through the roof for everything if you are glass half full type good for you but I’m a bit long in the tooth to think this will get better, why, because people don’t care enough about each other.

I've long believed that the 21st century is so utterly awful that they should legalise voluntary assisted suicide for those suffering serious depression, isolation and anxiety.

Watching this the other day just confirmed that belief.

I've long believed that the 21st century is so utterly awful that they should legalise voluntary assisted suicide for those suffering serious depression, isolation and anxiety.

Watching this the other day just confirmed that belief.

Glad I got my fair share back in the 90s..I'd be saving for sexbot today ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.