Society as we know it to collapse within 20 years

Better build bigger planes to Rwanda, mass migration is already out of control
Best to speak with the higher ups at Arsenal on that one. Although they do look set to not be charged by the PL for their Visit Rwanda deal. Funny old game isn't it. They scream at us to be charged yet in the background they have dodgy dealings going on themselves.

Human nature doesn't change.

Here's Plato in the 4th century BC...

"What is happening to our young people? What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets, inflamed with wild notions."

Beware of idiots catastrophising on social media thinking themselves wise.
You hit on the reason in that last sentence:

Social media, which is anything but “social.”

Last night it kicked off in Amsterdam. Street battles between Eritraens, supporting and those against the Eritraen government. 6 cops injured buses burned out etc etc. We are now getting the band wagon jumpers saying society is fucked.
I remember Moss Side in 1984. The Golden Temple of Amritsar was 'attacked' in India to remove Sikh militants. All hell broke loose in Moss Side as different factions fought violent street battles.
That was 40 years ago and society survived. Perhaps we are over thinking all this.

Posted on my Erikson 410 from the bunker at the bottom of my garden.

The version where women, ethnic minorities and homsexuals were treated as second class citizens?

The version where life expectancy in the UK was 40 something instead of 80 something?

The version where we had coal fires and outside toilets instead of central heating?

The version where football pitches were mud baths and getting home from the match without getting battered was a good day out?

The version ...
I was thinking more of the 'golden' version of society. We still have everything you've listed except for the footy pitches - but then there is The Swamp.

I was thinking more of the 'golden' version of society. We still have everything you've listed except for the footy pitches - but then there is The Swamp.
Everyone’s golden society is when they’re 16-45 or so. It’s when we all feel like we belong and are most relevant in society.

Then the next generation take over and form their own version of their golden society and that change makes them pine for how it used to be.

Always has and always will. The age range may fluctuate, but the feeling won’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.