sod the champions league

kippax boy said:
Gelsons Dad said:
I had a flight to catch after the Fulham game. As I only get to 4 or 5 home games a season my experience has always been parking at the ground or over the road past Asda and stuck in traffic for 45 minutes after the game. When I'm with my kids(who live in the UK) and taking them home after the game it's no big deal. We put the radio on and listen to the idiots on both end of the phone ins. When I'm alone and flying back to Zurich after the game I can't afford to be stuck in traffic so choose to leave early and keep my job. Which I like. Because it pays me enough to fly to the UK and watch City. Usually when they're playing Bolton or Fulham or Blackburn. Now I may be a plastic but at lease I'm putting the hard yards in. In the last 5 seasons the only big team I've seen us play is Chelsea and we lost. Thats out of 25 trips to the UK. I've also been away this season to Salzburg and Turin. I didn't leave those games early as I had taken 2 days vacation for each.

Those holier than thou on here who think it's a mortal sin to leave early are living in their own little world which doesn't match everyone else's circumstance and frankly you sound just a little bit like shitbags banging on about leaving early.

I have a season ticket and go to all the home games and the odd away ones,I occasionally leave 2 minutes early if I need to be some where (work,five a side, golf,pub etc) it is called juggling a busy life and is my choice
Fans like you though who come all the way from Zurich (even for only a few games) are far more loyal in my opinion,I dont know if I would go that far on a regular basis.
The bloke next to me comes from London every week , again far more loyal than me.
I have total respect for you mate and I am sorry to hear you cant see one of the big games,pm me and I will let you have my season ticket for one of them ,and I will watch it be another means, I think people like you are the true fan cheers Dave

no one is more or less a fan. You either are or you're not. How you support the team will depend on your personal circumstance but that doesn't make anyone more worthy than anyone else. We all support City and we all support each other. It's what being a fan is all about isn't it?

Gelsons Dad said:
kippax boy said:
I have a season ticket and go to all the home games and the odd away ones,I occasionally leave 2 minutes early if I need to be some where (work,five a side, golf,pub etc) it is called juggling a busy life and is my choice
Fans like you though who come all the way from Zurich (even for only a few games) are far more loyal in my opinion,I dont know if I would go that far on a regular basis.
The bloke next to me comes from London every week , again far more loyal than me.
I have total respect for you mate and I am sorry to hear you cant see one of the big games,pm me and I will let you have my season ticket for one of them ,and I will watch it be another means, I think people like you are the true fan cheers Dave

no one is more or less a fan. You either are or you're not. How you support the team will depend on your personal circumstance but that doesn't make anyone more worthy than anyone else. We all support City and we all support each other. It's what being a fan is all about isn't it?

I had not thought of it like that,fair point we are all blues together.the offer stands if you want to come over for a big game pm me you can use my ticket cheers

Foley, I left on 84 mins because I have to walk right round the stadium to catch my bus to town (being in ESL Block 107). Live with it.

It's the ones that don't attend at all that you should have a gripe with, pal.

de niro said:
for the life of me i can't understand why so many leave early, its city, anything can happen.

Agreed. Not only that we need to stay and support the team.

I'm not going to read this topic as we've done it all before and had all the excuses but it's begining to be an embarrassment as it having the top two tiers closed for a quarter final of a major competition if that happens.

Best fans in the land - nowhere near.

Impeccable said:
Foley, I left on 84 mins because I have to walk right round the stadium to catch my bus to town (being in ESL Block 107). Live with it.

It's the ones that don't attend at all that you should have a gripe with, pal.

84 minutes ?? Pfft, call yourself an early leaver, ha ! 79 minutes I left on and I was home before the car. What score did we end up by the way ?

BurnCK said:
danburge82 said:
the fact remains that you clearly don't give a flying fuck about the club !

What bollocks....'cos obviously people are going to shell out £30-£40 of their hard earned cash to watch City when they don't care.

But in my eyes if it's more important to people to get home quickly for tea/Xfactor/stop wife moaning than support the team on to a win (like when we're drawing against Fulham but need the win) then you don't give a fuck! Money doesn't come into it. Fuck me, some twats buy tickets for early round cup games but don't even turn up to the game, they just do it to get the points. So for me the money people spend means nothing, it's actually being there and supporting, properly supporting, that's important!

As I've said sometimes some people will have something they need to do a dart for, but not THOUSANDS of people EVERY game regardless of the opposition or the score!

It is peoples own choice to do what they want, but that choice makes them less of a fan if they desert the team!

danburge82 said:
BurnCK said:
What bollocks....'cos obviously people are going to shell out £30-£40 of their hard earned cash to watch City when they don't care.

But in my eyes if it's more important to people to get home quickly for tea/Xfactor/stop wife moaning than support the team on to a win (like when we're drawing against Fulham but need the win) then you don't give a fuck! Money doesn't come into it. Fuck me, some twats buy tickets for early round cup games but don't even turn up to the game, they just do it to get the points. So for me the money people spend means nothing, it's actually being there and supporting, properly supporting, that's important!

As I've said sometimes some people will have something they need to do a dart for, but not THOUSANDS of people EVERY game regardless of the opposition or the score!

It is peoples own choice to do what they want, but that choice makes them less of a fan if they desert the team!

So people who work shifts, those who want to get home for their small child before bedtime (yep, I admit it, I love him more than City, those who may have other engagements, those who can't afford to be stuck in long queues, the elderly, you seriously don't think this can't be reflected across the entire stadium x 100?

And yet still get to the match?

Seriously, mate. It is a gross generalisation and slur on thousands of people who have everyday lives to contend with outside of football.

I won't be going on Sunday. It's my choice. I have a season ticket, the kick-off time is crap and it's on the TV, it simply does not fit in with my life outside of City.

People need to grow up and stop being so self-aware about how supposed a great City fan they are.

It's about time served, not time at the end of a match.

I'd rather they turned up and left a few mins early than not turn up at all.
Let's face it, in games like the Fulham one, I'm guessing that some people would rather get home half an hour earlier rather than being stuck in traffic for the sake of an extra 5 mins of watching us camped in our own half.

If the team doesn't give it's all for 90 mins (either through lack of effort or tactics) then you can't really expect all the fans to either. Let's be honest, alot of the time we score and then do nothing for the rest of the game...and no amount of singing or shouting changes that.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
danburge82 said:

So people who work shifts, those who want to get home for their small child before bedtime (yep, I admit it, I love him more than City, those who may have other engagements, those who can't afford to be stuck in long queues, the elderly, you seriously don't think this can't be reflected across the entire stadium x 100?

And yet still get to the match?

Seriously, mate. It is a gross generalisation and slur on thousands of people who have everyday lives to contend with outside of football.

I won't be going on Sunday. It's my choice. I have a season ticket, the kick-off time is crap and it's on the TV, it simply does not fit in with my life outside of City.

People need to grow up and stop being so self-aware about how supposed a great City fan they are.

It's about time served, not time at the end of a match.

absolutely spot on

A couple of lads next to me turn up 10 mins into the game (their pint is more important I think).

They go for another pint or 3 on 30 mins, then come back 10 mins into second half then leave at about 75 mins.

It's just bizarre. They've even been known to leave at half time because it's too cold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.