Solitude

BimboBob

After last nights fireworks, pointless parties and 80's has been musicians it got me thinking...does anyone here actually like peace, tranquillity and above all spending time in their own company ?

I like nothing more than to sit in the garden, book in one hand, glass of something in the other and just relax, on my own. No noises save for nature, no people, just me and my brain.

Anyone else?

After last nights fireworks, pointless parties and 80's has been musicians it got me thinking...does anyone here actually like peace, tranquillity and above all spending time in their own company ?

I like nothing more than to sit in the garden, book in one hand, glass of something in the other and just relax, on my own. No noises save for nature, no people, just me and my brain.

Anyone else?
Yes.. :-)

Anyone else?
Perfect.

Anyone else?

Nobody likes a talker mate.

Sat on the PC in a darkened living room as the wife has developed a migraine, the first time for 8 years, I guess she was reading my intentions for later, damn it.

Anyone else?
Definitely and increasingly so as I’ve got older.

I enjoy being round people in the day, but I’ve found increasing solace in being on my own at night and (rarely) weekends. I truly love having a whole weekend to myself, although the demands on my time are such that it’s a fairly uncommon occurrence. I love the selfishness (and self-indulgence) of doing what you want, when you want, including going out for a drink on my own, although I always bump into people I know whenever I do, so it’s not quite the full monty, I suppose.

I can’t say I’ve ever felt lonely, except for the first few months when I moved to Birmingham six or so years ago, which elided with my marriage breaking down. Otherwise, I have tended to gravitate increasingly towards solitude since I turned 30.

I would also say it’s been a stumbling block to any subsequent relationships going the distance, as I just don’t want to spend as much time in my girlfriends’ company as they have wanted or expected from me.

It’s one of the reasons I reckon I spend so much time on here. It enables me to interact and communicate with others, whilst being in my own company and not having to make any effort in engaging with a conversation that I am disinterested in.

I think I’m basically a fairly benign, but selfish ****.

Last edited:
i think you get more selfish around your time as you get older. i was in a relationship with someone a lot younger and though it had it's good points in that we travelled all over the place i yearned for time on my own. she was jealous of everything and everyone. now i have time to myself, live in a lovely part of the country and loving it. my music and reading my books has brought a serene calmness i missed. better to be on your own and happy than in a relationship that stifles you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.