Solitude

yes,im a member of baymalton and that is one of our waters,also plan fishing the canals ive never done it so that should be cool
Do they still have the stretch on the Dane at Holmes chapel? If so get on there for some winter chubbing. All you need us a couple of loaves, liquidise one and a half and use the other half for hookbait. Find a overhanging bush/tree with a decent flow and depth and trot a stick float through. Not done that on that stretch since the late 80s. Some really good barbel in there too.

Last edited:
After last nights fireworks, pointless parties and 80's has been musicians it got me thinking...does anyone here actually like peace, tranquillity and above all spending time in their own company ?

I like nothing more than to sit in the garden, book in one hand, glass of something in the other and just relax, on my own. No noises save for nature, no people, just me and my brain.

Anyone else?

I struggle to get peace and quiet these days but savour it whenever i can.
In fact, today i'm going out on my jack for a little wander. Stopping off wherever takes my fancy for a quiet pint. No phone, wife, grandkids or dog.

Definitely and increasingly so as I’ve got older.

I enjoy being round people in the day, but I’ve found increasing solace in being on my own at night and (rarely) weekends. I truly love having a whole weekend to myself, although the demands on my time are such that it’s a fairly uncommon occurrence. I love the selfishness (and self-indulgence) of doing what you want, when you want, including going out for a drink on my own, although I always bump into people I know whenever I do, so it’s not quite the full monty, I suppose.

I can’t say I’ve ever felt lonely, except for the first few months when I moved to Birmingham six or so years ago, which elided with my marriage breaking down. Otherwise, I have tended to gravitate increasingly towards solitude since I turned 30.

I would also say it’s been a stumbling block to any subsequent relationships going the distance, as I just don’t want to spend as much time in my girlfriends’ company as they have wanted or expected from me.

It’s one of the reasons I reckon I spend so much time on here. It enables me to interact and communicate with others, whilst being in my own company and not having to make any effort in engaging with a conversation that I am disinterested in.

I think I’m basically a fairly benign, but selfish ****.

Very early mornings and very late at night
I would love to travel on my own. Wow imagine being able to tour the whole of Europe and see what ever you wanted to see without having to appease someone else.
Just do and go where the feck you like. I am in totall envy of people who can do this.

Did that for several years before settling down. Luxury.

Absolutely love having time to myself. I regularly go in town on my own usually week day morning/afternoons walk round have a booze and some scran. Talk to people when you want or keep yourself to yourself.I only work 4 days a week, Mrs is a teacher kids at school so perfect really. Even at home I like to have at least an hour every day in the bath with headphones or a book just to unwind without distraction.

Yes, the bath. Perfect for unwinding.

Misses has been at work all day.
Kids both out.
I've walked the dogs.
Put log burner on and watched films on the sofa on my own all day.
Perfection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.