Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

svennis pennis

I agree thats the problem with big money takeovers, things begin to happen to fast and the supporters begin to lose their feeling for the players that were already there.

Robbo. said:
could someone give me an update on what this thread all about so i dont have to go threw all the pages, thanks :)

terry is a **** but world class and we are in talks with him and allso we are in talks with Samuel Eto'o but we have not established yet whether he is **** or not!

blueinsa said:
Mate i respect your opinion and i dont think we are a million miles from each other.

IMO Ireland, Onuoha WILL make it as they are good enough, regardless of who we sign.

I also think that MH and ADUG are doing the job in the right way, great academy with excellent buys. That however does not mean that should players of a certain standing become available we shouldnt try.

My argument on here is the frankly ridiculous one that JT shouldnt come because he is a ****, and that we would be showing a lack of class in getting him.

If he is available and he wants to come we would be stupid not to do the deal and any other club in the PL would do the same given the chance.

He would without doubt improve our squad and for that reason he should come.

All in my honest opinion of course

Yep. I wouldnt disagree that we shouldn't go for him if available. I'd just question why on earth he'd want to come to us, and thats no slant on us whatsoever.

Its not just Terry though, its the whole buy success immediately. Now i haven't a defeatist attitutde as some might say, but i'd like to see us be one of the only teams ever to build for long term success. Being a City fan has never been about the be all and end of all winning trophies. It seems some people are obbsessing over it a little too hard to the point where they seem to be demanding we basically buy some success.

I think we could easily sneak a domestic cup win next season, theres a few more to come in no doubt and we already have a squad capable of challenging for 5th.

But, i won't demand head role if we don't win the Carling/FA Cup... you need luck too. Something we've never been known to have much of. I thin we're going to end up joing footballs elite, but for me, how we get there is the most important part.

GStar said:
hgblue said:
Yes I can see where your coming from mate. I'm a bit more ruthless than you though and believe that kids will rise to the top if they're good enough. As for what fans of other clubs think of us, I can say without hesitation 'Fuck 'em'.

Its been a good debate this, when people haven't jumped in ill informed.

Personally i'd take a year or two extra development than i guess you would, if it meant i could say we did things differnetly ot others. I'd beleive we did it the "right" way.

The point about a year or two extra development is well made.

I too would, in some ways, prefer things to take extra time and do it the right way - we are City fans for God sake and we are that for a reason - loyalty etc etc.

Unfortunately, its not going to happen (well not deliberately anyway). MH may have been given a public target of top 6 but really he has to achieve top 4 or he will, at best, be perceived as a failure and keep his job or, at worst (and more likely) be out on his arse. He has to look at his players and ask which ones are top 4 calibre - any who have been with us a number of years aren't or they would be with a top 4 club now. Those coming through may have the potential but potential won't necessarily keep MH's job so they will have to wait their chance or go, sadly.

I would still prefer to keep away from the prima donna footballer but many top footballers are prima donnas - it often goes with the territory. We have done our time in the wilderness being patronised by people who believe they are superior because they chose the easy option - it is time to move into the big time and take the rewards we deserve

Robbo. said:
could someone give me an update on what this thread all about so i dont have to go threw all the pages, thanks :)

terry is a c*** but a world class player/on a par with dunne

we should stick with what we got because its a 10year plan/ no we shouldn't lets move on

the club is going down the pan

nobody will love us anymore

GStar said:
blueinsa said:
Mate i respect your opinion and i dont think we are a million miles from each other.

IMO Ireland, Onuoha WILL make it as they are good enough, regardless of who we sign.

I also think that MH and ADUG are doing the job in the right way, great academy with excellent buys. That however does not mean that should players of a certain standing become available we shouldnt try.

My argument on here is the frankly ridiculous one that JT shouldnt come because he is a ****, and that we would be showing a lack of class in getting him.

If he is available and he wants to come we would be stupid not to do the deal and any other club in the PL would do the same given the chance.

He would without doubt improve our squad and for that reason he should come.

All in my honest opinion of course

Yep. I wouldnt disagree that we shouldn't go for him if available. I'd just question why on earth he'd want to come to us, and thats no slant on us whatsoever.

Its not just Terry though, its the whole buy success immediately. Now i haven't a defeatist attitutde as some might say, but i'd like to see us be one of the only teams ever to build for long term success. Being a City fan has never been about the be all and end of all winning trophies. It seems some people are obbsessing over it a little too hard to the point where they seem to be demanding we basically buy some success.

I think we could easily sneak a domestic cup win next season, theres a few more to come in no doubt and we already have a squad capable of challenging for 5th.

But, i won't demand head role if we don't win the Carling/FA Cup... you need luck too. Something we've never been known to have much of. I thin we're going to end up joing footballs elite, but for me, how we get there is the most important part.

There is not one team that has never bought success. FACT!

We shouldnt care about being given that label as it is a fooking deluded thing to say.

I am only posting this as I have been told some information today. When I mentioned to somebody the rumour on Terry I have been reading, they have told me that they are not surprised as JT is disillusioned at the club as they are not spending and moving on like other clubs and has asked them to get their money out and buy ribery.

Only posting what I have been told so hang me if you wish to. I will let you know if I hear anything else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.