Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

Terry would be amazing, but can see him being too Mr Chelsea and the fact that they are due to start a new period with their new manager makes me think he will stay put, shame would be a great coup.

GStar said:
I think the fact people are willing to cast aside aside talent and potential for a "quick fix" says more about what our new found wealth has done to sections of our supporters.

Tevez doesn't feel he's getting his oppourtunity at utd, decides to move on - he's a legend.

Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad.

I mean the hypocrasy is so plain its laughable that people just don't see it.

John Terry has been an exceptional CB, and im sure he'll continue to be so. But he absolutely no reason to come to City other than picking up even more than his current £100k plus.

So, where do we draw the line? Should we bid for Ferdinand too; because he's arguably an even better player in the same position. Should we bully Madrid into lending us Kaka, stick Ireland on the bench, because, you know, Kaka is better than Ireland, despite one of them actually having the connection to the club and the talent to play for us.

I like this summer, we're buying playerrs that will take us up a level, players that still have something to prove and players who have time to become affiliated and attached to the club. Not only that but it seems our best academy graduates still have thier place in the team. Cook made it clear he wants to keep this club connected to the community and the fans, yet some of our fans just seemingly want to see a FM style team, which, imo would lead to failure long term.

This.....all fookin day

Terry is a leader of the highest order, a huge name in football....and a complete twa t...also of the highest order!!
in terry we'd be buying a ready made combative defender, one who has a will to win in the uglyest possible way, hes an arse, and i for one was gutted when he got the england armband, why the hell would anyone want this thug to be the main guy of our country id never know.

recently hes grown on me....but we'd be over lookin our players like nedum and richards....wheres the fun in buying a ready made guy than watching our young stars grow??

johnmc said:
LIES - ETO'O HAS NO AGENTS. THIS IS NOT THE SPURSMAD WE KNOW AND TRUST

Eto'o has rejected the Catalan giant's offer of an extension to a contract which runs out next summer, and wants a mega-money deal.

Barcelona have told his agent, Jose Maria Mesalles, that he is free to sort out his client's future - with the two Manchester clubs the only ones realistically in the frame.

mcfc1996 said:
OB1 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Terry, fit and available every week, would make the current squad a top 4 side. In my opinion of course.

I think there's a bloody good chance that you'd be right if we get one or two more of the other high profile players we are clearly after.

A defender like Terry is exactly what we are missing. Him and Ned at the back would be quality. I would gladly pay Chelsea what they want, pay Terry what he wants and not buy another player all year because I have no doubt that we would finish in the top 4 (maybe top 3) and possilbly a cup win.

He certainly could be a real catalyst for success and I would not be surprised if he was Hughes' top target but I'd be a little surprised if he signed for us. Mind you if he is ever going to take up a new challenge, now (or maybe after next year's World Cup) would be the time to do it.

What's the odds on this story being in the Mirror tomorrow?

SosaFC said:
johnmc said:

Eto'o has rejected the Catalan giant's offer of an extension to a contract which runs out next summer, and wants a mega-money deal.

Barcelona have told his agent, Jose Maria Mesalles, that he is free to sort out his client's future - with the two Manchester clubs the only ones realistically in the frame.

When and where is that from mate??

OB1 said:
mcfc1996 said:
OB1 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Terry, fit and available every week, would make the current squad a top 4 side. In my opinion of course.

I think there's a bloody good chance that you'd be right if we get one or two more of the other high profile players we are clearly after.

A defender like Terry is exactly what we are missing. Him and Ned at the back would be quality. I would gladly pay Chelsea what they want, pay Terry what he wants and not buy another player all year because I have no doubt that we would finish in the top 4 (maybe top 3) and possilbly a cup win.

He certainly could be a real catalyst for success and I would not be surprised if he was Hughes' top target but I'd be a little surprised if he signed for us. Mind you if he is ever going to take up a new challenge, now (or maybe after next year's World Cup) would be the time to do it.

What's the odds on this story being in the Mirror tomorrow?

Very good all the big speculation threads end up in the press within a day or two

is spursmad not arsed that its a well know fact the city main staff (hey GC) read this forum??

i mean if our friend from dawn sauff has someone close to the negotiating table at city...is there not a chance that "leaks" maybe, ahem, plugged??

The Fixer said:
SosaFC said:
johnmc said:

When and where is that from mate??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1121851_rivals_battle_for_etoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... e_for_etoo</a>

Bluebeer said:
GStar said:
I think the fact people are willing to cast aside aside talent and potential for a "quick fix" says more about what our new found wealth has done to sections of our supporters.

Tevez doesn't feel he's getting his oppourtunity at utd, decides to move on - he's a legend.

Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad.

I mean the hypocrasy is so plain its laughable that people just don't see it.

John Terry has been an exceptional CB, and im sure he'll continue to be so. But he absolutely no reason to come to City other than picking up even more than his current £100k plus.

So, where do we draw the line? Should we bid for Ferdinand too; because he's arguably an even better player in the same position. Should we bully Madrid into lending us Kaka, stick Ireland on the bench, because, you know, Kaka is better than Ireland, despite one of them actually having the connection to the club and the talent to play for us.

I like this summer, we're buying playerrs that will take us up a level, players that still have something to prove and players who have time to become affiliated and attached to the club. Not only that but it seems our best academy graduates still have thier place in the team. Cook made it clear he wants to keep this club connected to the community and the fans, yet some of our fans just seemingly want to see a FM style team, which, imo would lead to failure long term.

This.....all fookin day

Terry is a leader of the highest order, a huge name in football....and a complete twa t...also of the highest order!!
in terry we'd be buying a ready made combative defender, one who has a will to win in the uglyest possible way, hes an arse, and i for one was gutted when he got the england armband, why the hell would anyone want this thug to be the main guy of our country id never know.

recently hes grown on me....but we'd be over lookin our players like nedum and richards....wheres the fun in buying a ready made guy than watching our young stars grow??

Decent points guy. I think we have to get used to the fact that some players that we sign are going to be here for the money. We haven't got what Scum, Liverpool, Madrid and Barca can offer - CL, tradition, trophies. Yet! A player like Terry would take us up several notches very quickly. Richards isn't going to get us there at all IMO. A player like Terry is exactly what the team misses. In midfield and up front we seem to be pretty well covered with numbers and quality. The defence is our weak spot and needs improving so why not go for the best available (Ferdinand my be a bette player but it's the Terry type we need).

didnt some one mention terry after we signed barry. Someone who was speaking to the england lads after one of the recent internationals. i think he mentioned Barry joking about who would be captain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.