Some more info.( update page 47 )

Re: Some more info...................

Bluebeer said:
GStar said:
I think the fact people are willing to cast aside aside talent and potential for a "quick fix" says more about what our new found wealth has done to sections of our supporters.

Tevez doesn't feel he's getting his oppourtunity at utd, decides to move on - he's a legend.

Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad.

I mean the hypocrasy is so plain its laughable that people just don't see it.

John Terry has been an exceptional CB, and im sure he'll continue to be so. But he absolutely no reason to come to City other than picking up even more than his current £100k plus.

So, where do we draw the line? Should we bid for Ferdinand too; because he's arguably an even better player in the same position. Should we bully Madrid into lending us Kaka, stick Ireland on the bench, because, you know, Kaka is better than Ireland, despite one of them actually having the connection to the club and the talent to play for us.

I like this summer, we're buying playerrs that will take us up a level, players that still have something to prove and players who have time to become affiliated and attached to the club. Not only that but it seems our best academy graduates still have thier place in the team. Cook made it clear he wants to keep this club connected to the community and the fans, yet some of our fans just seemingly want to see a FM style team, which, imo would lead to failure long term.

This.....all fookin day

Terry is a leader of the highest order, a huge name in football....and a complete twa t...also of the highest order!!
in terry we'd be buying a ready made combative defender, one who has a will to win in the uglyest possible way, hes an arse, and i for one was gutted when he got the england armband, why the hell would anyone want this thug to be the main guy of our country id never know.

recently hes grown on me....but we'd be over lookin our players like nedum and richards....wheres the fun in buying a ready made guy than watching our young stars grow??

i understand what you are saying but how do you know they will grow any further?

alphonse groenendijk said:
I can understand the "hatred" towards Terry, we all know he is a t**t. My heart would tell him to fuck off but my head would take him tomorrow.
We need to go back to Robbie's statement - "We need a winning mentality week in week out." We haven't had these players for 30odd years. Now we have young talent as always but if they are to improve they need to learn the win at all cost mentality, they aren't going to learn that from Dunnie however much we love him.
Ned, Superman, Micah, De Jong, Vinnie are all still young, there is no need to dump them, they need winners around them now, with experience - Tevez, Robbie, Etoo, Santa, Terry - all winners.
The owners can see the weaknesses around us and are going for the throat like businessmen. They want to get us there now but are still buying kids (3 so far i think) to sustain the growth long term.

We need some winners in now to teach our youth how to win. We will never know a players true reasons for coming at this stage of our development, we must trust the management to ensure they are right.
Our job is to sit back and enjoy some success LOL!!!

Agree wholeheartedly with this, alphonse. I've not seen a side at City with a TRUE winning mentality since Tony Book went. We need that touch of steel; JT would give it to us.

I'm impressed with the owner's approach: go for it, and go for it NOW.

gh_mcfc said:
didnt some one mention terry after we signed barry. Someone who was speaking to the england lads after one of the recent internationals. i think he mentioned Barry joking about who would be captain

yeah it was some lad at the kazkhstan match and said he was speaking to some of the players .. he said he asked terry if he would be coming and he just laughed and said nothing .. still if it is true .. wouldn't want him here .. he is chelsea through and through .. same as gerard at the dippers .. just wouldn't seem right .. would he give the same performances as he does for chelsea if he came here .. doubt it

leewill31 said:
Bluebeer said:
GStar said:
I think the fact people are willing to cast aside aside talent and potential for a "quick fix" says more about what our new found wealth has done to sections of our supporters.

Tevez doesn't feel he's getting his oppourtunity at utd, decides to move on - he's a legend.

Sturridge doesn't think he'll get a chance at City, has ambtion to challenge for honours, moves on - he's a greedy bastad.

John Terry has been an exceptional CB, and im sure he'll continue to be so. But he absolutely no reason to come to City other than picking up even more than his current £100k plus.

So, where do we draw the line? Should we bid for Ferdinand too; because he's arguably an even better player in the same position. Should we bully Madrid into lending us Kaka, stick Ireland on the bench, because, you know, Kaka is better than Ireland, despite one of them actually having the connection to the club and the talent to play for us.

I like this summer, we're buying playerrs that will take us up a level, players that still have something to prove and players who have time to become affiliated and attached to the club. Not only that but it seems our best academy graduates still have thier place in the team. Cook made it clear he wants to keep this club connected to the community and the fans, yet some of our fans just seemingly want to see a FM style team, which, imo would lead to failure long term.

This.....all fookin day

Terry is a leader of the highest order, a huge name in football....and a complete twa t...also of the highest order!!
in terry we'd be buying a ready made combative defender, one who has a will to win in the uglyest possible way, hes an arse, and i for one was gutted when he got the england armband, why the hell would anyone want this thug to be the main guy of our country id never know.

recently hes grown on me....but we'd be over lookin our players like nedum and richards....wheres the fun in buying a ready made guy than watching our young stars grow??

i understand what you are saying but how do you know they will grow any further?

erm.........ohhh, look......*shakes and throws invisible ball*

leewill31 said:
Bluebeer said:
GStar said:

This.....all fookin day

Not only that but,I've seen enough young players at City who are very good. Very,very good and we've still not won fuck all for decades. Forgive me if I sound like one of these obnoxious,JCL gloryhunting bastards but,I've watched City for 30+ years now and, Now we have the opportunity to compete with the big boys at the highest level I'd be astounded if we didn't pull out a lot of stops to get the silverware we've all craved for years. There's an element of alarm we'll overlook the academy,the homegrown etc yada yada but you need to remember MCFC have spoke up to appease these doubts and stressed the importance of the kids at city and the development of the future. So in conclusion,If Terry arrives,it's a *thumbs up* from me

SosaFC said:
gh_mcfc said:
didnt some one mention terry after we signed barry. Someone who was speaking to the england lads after one of the recent internationals. i think he mentioned Barry joking about who would be captain

yeah it was some lad at the kazkhstan match and said he was speaking to some of the players .. he said he asked terry if he would be coming and he just laughed and said nothing .. still if it is true .. wouldn't want him here .. he is chelsea through and through .. same as gerard at the dippers .. just wouldn't seem right .. would he give the same performances as he does for chelsea if he came here .. doubt it

inclined to agree with you but is is a leader and cant see hime doing anything by halves. I would have a bad feeling about ihim but cant put my finger on why. Maybe I am still trying to get used to New Man City

BLUENATIC said:
Not only that but,I've seen enough young players at City who are very good. Very,very good and we've still not won fuck all for decades. Forgive me if I sound like one of these obnoxious,JCL gloryhunting bastards but,I've watched City for 30+ years now and, Now we have the opportunity to compete with the big boys at the highest level I'd be astounded if we didn't pull out a lot of stops to get the silverware we've all craved for years. There's an element of alarm we'll overlook the academy,the homegrown etc yada yada but you need to remember MCFC have spoke up to appease these doubts and stressed the importance of the kids at city and the development of the future. So in conclusion,If Terry arrives,it's a *thumbs up* from me

you obnoxious, JCL gloryhunting bastard :)

for me, if we keep over looking the academy.....it means all the "yada yada" was bullshite just to make the board sound good.

BLUENATIC said:
leewill31 said:
Bluebeer said:
GStar said:

This.....all fookin day

knowing lads at the academy - not old enough to sign up yet and going to a couple of other clubs too . All this does make me think (assuming they continues to improve , enjoy it etc..) would city be the the best place to develop into a first team player and where would thye get the best chance should they be good enough. The odds are stacked so high against all the kids as it is . I believe in the addage if you are good enough you willl get your chance but at City the bar has been raised. At 14 \ 15 city will buy in the best. in the long run the local kids may have to look elsewhere. Personally I want the best players for city I dont think the owners will over look the academy but the makeup of it will change.

Bluebeer said:
BLUENATIC said:

you obnoxious, JCL gloryhunting bastard :)

for me, if we keep over looking the academy.....it means all the "yada yada" was bullshite just to make the board sound good.

But the academy has to produce players who are going to be good enough for where we want to be. As I tried to point out in an earlier post there's bound to be a gap between the takeover and the expanded academy producing an assembly line of potential first teamers in the way that say Arsenal's does. To fill that gap we buy players in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.