Some Of Our Fans

TGR said:
Our support has changed in recent years without a doubt - of this I am convinced.

In what way? None of the usual lads I grew up with are going anymore because they've been priced out. They also didn't enjoy the flatter atmosphere and Showsec antics inside the ground.

I was down in london this weekend with a ticket but ended up not going to the game as my kids were having a ball in London. The last time I went to wembley was the wigan game and it was a painful experience with fans fighting, scumbags snorting coke in front of kids. 100 percent club wembley for me next time.

worsleyweb said:
I was down in london this weekend with a ticket but ended up not going to the game as my kids were having a ball in London. The last time I went to wembley was the wigan game and it was a painful experience with fans fighting, scumbags snorting coke in front of kiss. 100 percent club wembley for me next time.

Wigan was an awful day but I put much of that down to the circumstances. Emotions were running high and that chant now seems deeply pathetic and unwise.

Some proper drama queens here.

Its a football match not Baghdad. These poor kids will get to 18 and have real eye opener when theyve stopped being wrapped in cotton wool

ell said:

Its a football match not Baghdad. These poor kids will get to 18 and have real eye opener when theyve stopped being wrapped in cotton wool

I imagine I'm not alone in hoping you never have children. Imagine having to lead a hysterically upset child out of a ground because grown men around him are getting violent. It'd ruin the day for everyone.

worsleyweb said:
I was down in london this weekend with a ticket but ended up not going to the game as my kids were having a ball in London. The last time I went to wembley was the wigan game and it was a painful experience with fans fighting, scumbags snorting coke in front of kids. 100 percent club wembley for me next time.
Blimey, football, thankfully is like henley regatta now, compared to the 70`s 80`s and 90`s. The final against spuds in 81, now that got a bit scary. Especially the replay when spuds fans attempted to invade the City end. Those cane flag poles came in very handy. The car park after was carnage. I took my son on Sunday and saw some drugged and drunken bodies, i just smile and make light of it with my son. Its all part of growing up. real life isn`t like club wembley.I like a pint some like wed and coke. Hey Ho each to there own.

peoffrey said:
ell said:

I imagine I'm not alone in hoping you never have children. Imagine having to lead a hysterically upset child out of a ground because grown men around him are getting violent. It'd ruin the day for everyone.

You think they will go through life without seeing a punch up? Id say its much better to witness it with your dad so they can point out thats not how you behave in life.

My first cup game was against 'Boro at home, I'm glad my dad took me to that, because it was a lesson in how not to behave at a game of football. Wigan/Sunderland has nothing on what has gone on in previous decades and is by no means a hint at a regression back towards that type of behaviour.

ell said:

There is not see is non as blind as they who do not see.
Never see any trouble at home games but the semi and final last year finished me, to some drink and drugs make the day a good one but if its not for you then people pissed and spaced out can be a pain. Was it the News of the Screws reporters line "at this point our reporter made his excuse and left".

peoffrey said:
TGR said:
Our support has changed in recent years without a doubt - of this I am convinced.

In what way? None of the usual lads I grew up with are going anymore because they've been priced out. They also didn't enjoy the flatter atmosphere and Showsec antics inside the ground.

Our support has changed, in fact football support in general, has become miles better behaved and more civilised. All seaters occasionally throw together two "types" of fans who wouldn't usually mix, but in general it's safe as house for kids.

25 years ago a game like this would have had mass battles in the streets and pubs, bottles being thrown, crushes on the terraces, stabbings etc.

Football fans are just getting that "remember when every summer was hot and wagon wheels were bigger" syndrome that people get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.