some off the squad think trainning is to intense

LEE BRADBURY said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Also, "I have heard that the training is the same as Bayern's and Real Madrid's"?

Can I ask a few questions?

What is the sauce for this?

Are Bayern are Madrid known to be at the forefront of training and sport's science, cos I can think of quite a few club's with reputations I would put in front of them?

What odds will you give me on the set up at Bayern being identical to that at the notoriously lax and player led set up at Madrid?

There's probably more but they will do for now. I'd like to be sure that there's a bit more to this than just cliches mentioning a couple of big foriegn clubs.
I don’t know the exact science behind training methods, and your right if you wanted to be really fickle the chances on them being totally identical is probably nil, what is probably meant by similar, is the science behind their training methods and ours, diet etc

So what you are saying is that there is no reasonable basis to what you are saying and this is combined with there being no significant detail either.

OK, and why exactly should I believe this then?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Marvin said:
Blackburn's squad was regarded as the fittest in the Premiership.

Yesterday's result should have shocked no one. Take the few stars out of City's team and we are left with very average and mis-matched players

It took Martin O'Neill 3 seasons to produce a decent team. Hughes imherited a weak team, and has had literally days to strengthen it. And in the meantime the old players have had half a season of constant speculation as to who will be replacing them. Even players like Dunne, Richards and Hart are enduring speculation about new signings replacing them

Hughes needs time. What I have heard suggests to me that the problems are coming from key players who created problems for the last manager which he chose to ignore.

At least half the league has squads of 'very average players'. The only difference being that they don't have the 'few stars' mentioned. Yet even without these stars they are producing better results than Hughes and his star laden squad.

Also, Paul Ince, Sammy Lee, Sam Alladyce, Chris Hutchings and several others had the same amount of time as Hughes to mould their squad, their weaker squads, as Hughes has.

They took their team's to a relegation battle - they got sacked. They did not bleat about all the players being a special type of bastard or that they can only work if they are allowed to bring in a new squad that is worth millions more than most other squads.

And guess what, the new managers that came in managed to get more out of the existing squad than the manager's that had taken them to the brink of the relegation zone.
You do talk a lot of sense I accept that.

We have accumulated a lot of dross though, I mean Danny mills is still on the books says it al really, how many strikers have come through our door to virtually be shown through the back door, have a good look at the state of our squad it really is poor, I shudder to think where we would be without Robinho

bluejase said:
Culture shock for half of them after the lazy days of Sven. They can't hack it!

Sven had em in over Christmas training, something he later said he regretted. And the squad was very much thinner then!

Eric Wirral said:
bluejase said:

Here Here

And if they can't hack it they can get in their lamborghini's anf Fuck Off!!!

Training is not about running yourself in to the ground. This 'no pain, no gain' idea about physical training is just utter bollox.

blue_robb said:
bluejase said:

Sven had em in over Christmas training, something he later said he regretted. And the squad was very much thinner then!

maybe so but by the sounds of things they were doing whatever they wanted to do, girlfriends & agents at the training ground. Some of them obviously got used to that and aren't professional enough to come to terms with Hughes' methods.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
I don’t know the exact science behind training methods, and your right if you wanted to be really fickle the chances on them being totally identical is probably nil, what is probably meant by similar, is the science behind their training methods and ours, diet etc

So what you are saying is that there is no reasonable basis to what you are saying and this is combined with there being no significant detail either.

OK, and why exactly should I believe this then?
No need to try and be clever is there ?

Your smart enough to know exactly what I meant with the meaning of the science behind the training methods, they all differ to a great degree on what diets are incorporated within programs, they all differ greatly with levels of cardiovascular workouts (Micah could do with a bit more),muscle building etc.,my point was ours must be very similar

You just cant see past your hatred for MH,the reality is you want him to fail, you even put your hatred of MH before the welfare off the club.

How can any true supporter want him replaced right now because I don’t know .

I respect the modern game - especially the Premier League, is probably faster than it's ever been.

However, why you should place emphasis on fitness (like Hughes had to do with the cloggers he managed at Blackburn, who I never liked watching and saw kick us from one end of the pitch to the other when we played them) when you might concentrate a little more on winning games through guile, skill and tactics with the players we have and can (theoretically) get?

Horses for courses?

Perhaps being at either end of the spectrum here on training isn't too good, but a balance somewhere in the middle might be best?

From memory some of the greatest players ever, like Cruyff as a prime example, were not optimally 'super-fit' (he smoked like a chimney and wasn't the best of trainers in his day) yet they still performed. Interestingly too, Cruyff as a manager became the most successful in history at Barca.

Mourinho may have built Chelsea's trophy cabinet not on the hard physical approach, but on disciplined organisation and cohesive team spirit.

Perhaps there's a lesson in there for our manager?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.