Something Special about Stockport?

Stockport comes under Merseyside.
When a mate many years ago, wished to marry a woman who had been divorced in a Catholic church, they were told that they would have to seek permission from the head honcho in Liverpool. Apparently the church uses boundaries from waaaaay back, and to them it is part of Merseyside.

Dippers!! :-)
My eldest son went to St Augustine's RC Grammar School in Wythenshawe (gone now) and although the school came under Manchester Education Authority and the Primary school in Burnage was in Salford Diocese, St Augustine's was in the Shrewsbury Diocese!!

There is a path right onto to A6. I use it literally every day.

I agree the river needs a clean up, but on the other side, eventually all our trash ends up in Liverpool so it has its benefits.
The left path by the lift has no gentle way to join the A6. I'll try the upper side, on the right next. Ta.

Like the shameful Manchester city centre rivers and the seas, I'd prefer no rubbish, even if it passes Scouseland.

A remarkable fact about Stockport is that it contains some really wealthy areas (e.g. Bramhall) but also some absolute shitholes that nothing in Manchester or Salford could beat for squalor and crime.
Can't this example of local wealth disparity be applied to many places in the country though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.