Something Special about Stockport?

To be fair I know a lot of people, who wouldn’t say Stockport is part of greater Manchester. It’s always been Cheshire.

There’s probably even more people in Altrincham, Hale and Bowdon who would rather boil their head in a pot of piss than acknowledge that they live in Greater Manchester.

Unfortunately for all of them, Geography is a matter of fact, not an opinion.

I go in several times a week as I have an office nearby. It would be insane to charge entry.

Reckon someone mugged him off haha
No, they were charging entry into the glass structure, the old indoor market. Admittedly it was only 50p, only the door opposite the produce hall was open, all the other doors were locked.

There’s probably even more people in Altrincham, Hale and Bowdon who would rather boil their head in a pot of piss than acknowledge that they live in Greater Manchester.

Unfortunately for all of them, Geography is a matter of fact, not an opinion.
Isn’t it more boundary changes and government, rather than geography?

For a lot of people Manchester was and still is Lancashire and places like Wigan arent really greater Manchester at all.

Ha HA always annoy someone that commemt geopraphically it will always be in the paletine like Manchester is Lancashire.

But yes administratively it hasn't been Cheshire for 90 yrs

Always remember my great aunt from dukinfield insist she was from cheshire not thameside or greater manchester as itnwas whem she was born in1906
Dukinfield has always been in Cheshire and always will be, nobody every says Dukinfield tameside.
Hyde and Stalybridge are also in Cheshire.

No, they were charging entry into the glass structure, the old indoor market. Admittedly it was only 50p, only the door opposite the produce hall was open, all the other doors were locked.

Must’ve been some sort of one-off special event on, as I said above I go in there several times a week as my office is about 10 seconds away, it’s a nice market but I’d laugh if they charged in!

Not really. They play in the borough of Trafford, in the county of Greater Manchester.
"Gatley, Cheadle, Heald Green, Stockport, Sale, Altrincham, Hale. Pubs shut. Greater Manchester. No matter how much some of the residents insist otherwise."
As is Stockport, a metropolitan borough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.