Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

Brwned said:
I'd expect nothing less, the lads are lapping it up that Liverpool are falling apart so it's entirely predictable that you's would do the same.

I'd be wary about getting ahead of myself if I were you though, with Sir Alex we'll always be challengers and I'd expect Mourinho to come in and keep up the same sort of success...it won't last forever but I think it'll last a fair bit longer than you lot are intimating.
This is the arrogant, dellusion we are talking about.

Balti said:
fuck em
years and years of piss taking and now is the time for them to get it back in spades and spades and feckin shovels
they may have pretended that liverpool were now their biggest rivals but they are about to be 'reminded' just who feckin hates them the most, the longest, and the deepest.
if they feckin die of debt there will be street parties all over Manchester and beyond
THIS!

Breadsnapper said:
Brwned said:
I'd expect nothing less, the lads are lapping it up that Liverpool are falling apart so it's entirely predictable that you's would do the same.

I'd be wary about getting ahead of myself if I were you though, with Sir Alex we'll always be challengers and I'd expect Mourinho to come in and keep up the same sort of success...it won't last forever but I think it'll last a fair bit longer than you lot are intimating.
This is the arrogant, dellusion we are talking about.

This isn't in itself really arrogant or delusional, but what is both, is when you hear rags presume that Mourinho will break the habits of his entire career and manage them for years and years if he ever comes there, despite clearly being a CV manager.

Reasons given never really get more defined than ''United is a special club'' (it really isn't, it's a big club like 6 or 7 others in Europe) or I even heard once ''He's clearly already smitten with this club'' - seriously, wtf?! Based on quite literally the sum total of fuck all.

Brwned said:
You're still being patronising!

I'm shocked that you know so little about your own financial position.

I mean, can you seriously try and say that it comes across as anything but? You're very sensible but I'm not arsed with something like that.

I will say that you should read over what the €42m referred to, because I never once implied we could spend €42m on a player not would I ever want us to, as for how much we've spent, let's have a listen to Sir Alex...

You're right, you didn't imply it, you explicitly stated it.

"He's spent €42m at Madrid since he's been there...and it's stretching the truth to say we couldn't afford that."

...if you look at what we've done this season - and people don't recognise this - we've spent over £20m on young players.

"We've bought Chris Smalling, Mame Diouf and Javier Hernandez.

We then spent £7m on Bebe after that.

Hernandez and Smalling payments are heavily staggered but we'll ignore that for now as I'm sure the next two I mention are aswell. You also forget to mention that you sold Foster for £6m and Tosic for £8m. Does a £12m net spend (I was wrong, it was £5m before Bebe) sound like a club who is trying to keep up with Chelsea who have signed Ramires and Benayoun amongst others for the league, and Barca who are favourites for the CL? A club that has season tickets topping a thousand pound, with a 76,000 seater stadium? I admit that you shouldn't buy for the sake of buying but there are gaps in your team that need filling and were ignored. You need a keeper. You need a right back. You a need midfielder. Instead, you've spunked money on a complete unknown that nobody at United has ever seen play, a Mexican striker, and Chris Smalling.

You also don't seem to understand what the word patronising actually means, you should probably look it up. You also seem to have a way of answering points that I didn't ask and ignoring the ones that I did.

Brwned said:

I'm shocked that you know so little about your own financial position.

I mean, can you seriously try and say that it comes across as anything but? You're very sensible but I'm not arsed with something like that.

I will say that you should read over what the €42m referred to, because I never once implied we could spend €42m on a player not would I ever want us to, as for how much we've spent, let's have a listen to Sir Alex...

...if you look at what we've done this season - and people don't recognise this - we've spent over £20m on young players.

And how much did you bring IN from player sales to cover that? Tosic and Foster have been sold, Foster for £6m and Tosic for an "undisclosed fee" that, if rumours are true, was nearer the £10m mark. Net spending, therefore, is far less than it should be for a team with £80m in their pockets after selling Ronaldo. Also, Diouf was a last season purchase, July 2009 I believe.

they bought diouf over a year ago & smalling in january. this summer they've bought hernandez, bebe & vermijl and sold tosic, foster & cathcart. these transfer deals left the rags with a small profit, a clear indication that they have to sell to buy. it's just that paying £7.4 million for a portuguese tramp no-one at united had seen, even on a recording, & who's never played higher than the portuguese 3rd division is a big risk for a club that's financially fucked.

Damocles said:
Brwned said:

You're right, you didn't imply it, you explicitly stated it.

"He's spent €42m at Madrid since he's been there...and it's stretching the truth to say we couldn't afford that."

Didn't you then spin that to 'you don't honestly think you can spend €42m on one player'? We couldn't. We wouldn't. We will spend the kind of money they've spent (still -Di Maria) when the new manager comes in, though. If we're going into net spend let's look at how much Mourinho spent net in the two years he was at Inter? Or if we wait until the end of the summer for Real Madrid to sell of some of their not so galacticos then we can talk.

Hernandez and Smalling payments are heavily staggered but we'll ignore that for now as I'm sure the next two I mention are aswell. You also forget to mention that you sold Foster for £6m and Tosic for £8m. Does a £12m net spend (I was wrong, it was £5m before Bebe) sound like a club who is trying to keep up with Chelsea who have signed Ramires and Benayoun amongst others for the league, and Barca who are favourites for the CL? A club that has season tickets topping a thousand pound, with a 76,000 seater stadium? I admit that you shouldn't buy for the sake of buying but there are gaps in your team that need filling and were ignored. You need a keeper. You need a right back. You a need midfielder.

Are you suggesting we can't win the league or CL with this squad? Look, I'm not arguing that we're spending to the same extent as Chelsea or Barcelona, and I'm not really sure of the relevancy of that to your initial point...but sure, if you need to hear it, Chelsea and Barcelona can and will outspend us every year. But then that's usually been the case every year since Abrahmovic anyway - nothing new there. The fact that we're spending less than Chelsea or Barcelona doesn't really signify anything, because we've been spending less than them so regularly in recent times and still being very successful in both competitions.

As for what we need, we do need a keeper, yes. Not yet though. Van Der Sar's still well up to it, and most decent keepers aren't happy to come and spend a year on the bench. We'll get one next year.

We don't need a right back, that's buying for the sake of it. We have patience in our promising young players and there's one waiting right there. You might not see it with Rafael but he'll be given plenty of time under Sir Alex, we won't go out and buy just because in the short-term there's a problem. We're not like you.

We do need a midfielder. We don't need someone like Ozil.

You also don't seem to understand what the word patronising actually means, you should probably look it up. You also seem to have a way of answering points that I didn't ask and ignoring the ones that I did.

Patronising = Talking down to someone, because in your mind you're superior in some way. You saying 'I'm shocked that you know so little about your own financial position' implies you've a superior knowledge of our finances, or at least I have a lesser one. Do you really have to argue like that? Do you get some enjoyment out of talking down to others? It just seems very out of character of the first couple of times.

Instead, you've spunked money on a complete unknown that nobody at United has ever seen play, a Mexican striker, and Chris Smalling.

Right, that's the point, it's not that we don't have money it's that we haven't fond the players - using your logic of us needing one or two positions to be filled, what would be the sense in spending all of your money on 4 young players who could easily all fail? Why take such a risk with it all?

This is the key point.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 pm --

metalblue said:
Brwned said:
because I never once implied we could spend €42m on a player not would I ever want us to

Both Rio and Veron each cost more than €42m, Rooney was just shy at a touch over €40m, bet you were gutted the day they signed

€42m = £35m

Let's not get pedantic about the euro to pound back then.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm --<br /><br />
rassclot said:

they bought diouf over a year ago & smalling in january. this summer they've bought hernandez, bebe & vermijl and sold tosic, foster & cathcart. these transfer deals left the rags with a small profit, a clear indication that they have to sell to buy. it's just that paying £7.4 million for a portuguese tramp no-one at united had seen, even on a recording, & who's never played higher than the portuguese 3rd division is a big risk for a club that's financially fucked.

Yes, this right here, can you explain it in a way that makes sense?

We spent £7m on a snap-judgement buy, a player who's wholly unproven, and yet we're skint? It doesn't make sense to me. If we're that low on money we wouldn't throw it about that freely, we'd minimise the risk as much as possible. We'd go for solid, reliable signings. Look at Liverpool, for example.

Brwned said:
Damocles said:
Didn't you then spin that to 'you don't honestly think you can spend €42m on one player'? We couldn't. We wouldn't. We will spend the kind of money they've spent (still -Di Maria) when the new manager comes in, though. If we're going into net spend let's look at how much Mourinho spent net in the two years he was at Inter? Or if we wait until the end of the summer for Real Madrid to sell of some of their not so galacticos then we can talk.

Are you suggesting we can't win the league or CL with this squad? Look, I'm not arguing that we're spending to the same extent as Chelsea or Barcelona, and I'm not really sure of the relevancy of that to your initial point...but sure, if you need to hear it, Chelsea and Barcelona can and will outspend us every year. But then that's usually been the case every year since Abrahmovic anyway - nothing new there. The fact that we're spending less than Chelsea or Barcelona doesn't really signify anything, because we've been spending less than them so regularly in recent times and still being very successful in both competitions.

As for what we need, we do need a keeper, yes. Not yet though. Van Der Sar's still well up to it, and most decent keepers aren't happy to come and spend a year on the bench. We'll get one next year.

We don't need a right back, that's buying for the sake of it. We have patience in our promising young players and there's one waiting right there. You might not see it with Rafael but he'll be given plenty of time under Sir Alex, we won't go out and buy just because in the short-term there's a problem. We're not like you.

Patronising = Talking down to someone, because in your mind you're superior in some way. You saying 'I'm shocked that you know so little about your own financial position' implies you've a superior knowledge of our finances, or at least I have a lesser one. Do you really have to argue like that? Do you get some enjoyment out of talking down to others? It just seems very out of character of the first couple of times.

Right, that's the point, it's not that we don't have money it's that we haven't fond the players - using your logic of us needing one or two positions to be filled, what would be the sense in spending all of your money on 4 young players who could easily all fail? Why take such a risk with it all?

This is the key point.

metalblue said:
Both Rio and Veron each cost more than €42m, Rooney was just shy at a touch over €40m, bet you were gutted the day they signed

€42m = £35m

Let's not get pedantic about the euro to pound back then.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm --

rassclot said:

We spent £7m on a snap-judgement buy, a player who's wholly unproven, and yet we're skint? It doesn't make sense to me. If we're that low on money we wouldn't throw it about that freely, we'd minimise the risk as much as possible. We'd go for solid, reliable signings. Look at Liverpool, for example.

would you like me to explain it with the aid of pictures? if you read my post again you'll see that i said united have to sell to buy. they've broken marginally above even on this summer's comings & goings. yes, they're financially fucked & yes, they've paid £7.4 million on a player they could have got for almost nothing a few weeks before. the money was funded from the sale of tosic (another wonder kid that flopped) and/or foster. for a club that's financially fucked that's a bit profligate to say the least. he cost more than adam johnson ffs. does that make sense now?

the problem many united fans have is that ferguson can do no wrong no matter what cock ups he makes or how much bollocks he speaks. his fuck ups in the transfer market are the stuff of legend. tosic (as above),
veron, taibi, djemba djemba, kleberson, etc etc. plus his personal feud with mcmanus & magnier over rock of gibraltar directly - yes directly - led to the takover by the glazers whom he consistently & publicly backs to the hilt.

Brwned said:
Damocles said:

This is the key point.

metalblue said:

€42m = £35m

Let's not get pedantic about the euro to pound back then.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm --

rassclot said:

Unless the manager had turned into a pisshead and lost the plot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.