Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

bluevengence said:
Brwned said:
You can't understand a United fan feeling a stronger rivalry with Liverpool? Seriously? By that logic Madrid's biggest rivalry is with Atletico, not Barcelona. Right?

You are obviously not a rag from Manchester area

Must make me a shit fan then, really? I live in Liverpool too, I'm an even shitter fan now.

Petty, pointless observations...but yes, redcafe's shit and this place is great. Wonderful.

I think some people need to be a bit more open-minded.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm --<br /><br />
Barcon said:
bluevengence said:
You are obviously not a rag from Manchester area

This ^ No Manchester rag would want City to win that game.
And the other one with all this "rooting" talk. Not something commonly said in Manchester. U.S.A, U.S.A....

. U.S.A, U.S.A

You're aware that a City fan in this very thread used the exact same word? Nice one...

Damocles said:
Brwned said:
You can't understand a United fan feeling a stronger rivalry with Liverpool? Seriously? By that logic Madrid's biggest rivalry is with Atletico, not Barcelona. Right?

When you play Liverpool, I just hope that you both get 3 men sent off, and Rooney and Torres get injured.

And no, under no possible circumstances would I ever root for a United win, or a Liverpool win.

Oh, I see now. Well I don't think anyone was genuinely hoping City win. It's a win-win situation, either team lose and it's 'let's all laugh at City/Liverpool' time.

It's more wanting Liverpool to lose more than wanting City to win.

Isn't this the same guy who said Given was shit? And then he goes and saves a Lampard penalty...

Brwned said:
stony said:
You'd never find a City fan wishing for a rag win. What a fucking embarrassment your plastic fans are.

Barcelona are much more competitive from a footballing point of view with Real than Atletico are.

Can you say the same about Liverpool, right now?

I can understand the point you're getting at, but I think your analogy has already started to become less pertinent. And in my opinion it will carry on going that way, I honestly believe I'd be saying that even if I were a neutral.

Fans views are shaped by recent history though and recently Liverpool have been a bigger rival (when it comes to winning things) than City.... hence some would still like to see them lose more than City lose.... and I mean some.

Some decent posters on there dare I say. When someone said something negative about Hart, he/she was quickly ganged up on and questioned.

He is one national team fuck up away to become destroyed by the media

Also, as sad as it is, this is probably very true.

YankeeBlue said:
Isn't this the same guy who said Given was shit? And then he goes and saves a Lampard penalty...

You mean the guy who said Given was overrated, and wasn't a top(or World Class) keeper, only to see him replaced half a year later...yeah, really backfired on that one.

I forgot how saving a penalty makes you a top keeper.

sam221985 said:
Brwned said:

Barcelona are much more competitive from a footballing point of view with Real than Atletico are.

Can you say the same about Liverpool, right now?

I can understand the point you're getting at, but I think your analogy has already started to become less pertinent. And in my opinion it will carry on going that way, I honestly believe I'd be saying that even if I were a neutral.

Well no, you can't, but it's built up from years of Liverpool being in competition with us with City at a similar level to Atletico, the tide will start to change soon but it's not an immediate effect.

I'm not saying that people are right to have a stronger rivalry with Liverpool, I'm just saying that surely it's not that hard to understand? The idea that all local mancs have a stronger rivalry with City than Liverpool isn't true at all but getting into that argument really takes it down the wrong path...

It's just so frustrating that with every set of fans you'll one minute have people saying how the other side is so obsessed with them, and then at the same time they'll be obsessing in the exact same way! And then whenever the hypocrisy's pointed out people get outraged and start lashing out as if it's an insult, and they just deny everything and go to pretty insults themselves, and then it all goes downhill from there...

Brwned said:
stony said:
You'd never find a City fan wishing for a rag win. What a fucking embarrassment your plastic fans are.

Far from an apt analogy, you need to have a little look at Spanish history, the Castillian and Catalan issues, never mind the Civil war and political hangover.

my sister is a red, my brother is a a red. neither of them go to games, watch them on telly or take any interest in them until they win a trophy the they dust off the red shirt and gloat for a few days. annoying fuckers the pair of them.

most reds i know are a bunch of gloating arrogant knobs. i do however respect the achievements and history of man united and the class players they have.

i'd have more respect for their fans if they didnt belittle us so much

That's the thing though, the local rags will (and by general consensus do) feel differently. They aren't surrounded all day by Liverpool fans, instead are surrounded by City fans, thus would want to see City fans die in a fire or something.

Rivalries come from the ability to rip the piss out of people. You live in Liverpool thus will want to beat them more than City. I know a Newcastle fan who lives in London and severely wants to beat Spurs, much more than Sunderland.

I've never nought into this crap about them being obsessed with us or us with them. It's such a stupid thing to say really, we're rivals of each other; part of that means keeping a keen interest in the development of the other side and wanting them to fail. Hell, I will freely admit that in a general knowledge United quiz with a United fan, I outscored him heavily. I'm pretty sure that I know more about their history than 99% of them due to it overlapping with my keen interest in City history.

There are City fans who freely admit that they would take 5th place and smashing United 8-0 at OT. I'd rather you beat us 14-0 at CoM and see us win the league. It depends on your viewpoint.

The main difference between City, Utd, Liverpool, Totenham, Arsenal, Everton, Real Madrid, Tooting Town, Accrington Stanley, Dehli Athletic and Adelaide Rovers, is no matter where you come from, where you live, who you support, other than the typical sad, deluded rag twats, everybody hates the fuck out of Utd!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.