Sometimes I just love, love, love Red Cafe...

Breadsnapper said:
Brwned said:
I should be trying to educate you? Do you think that would come off well? I'm pretty sure I'd get ignored, or abused, or laughed at...regardless of the logic behind the posts. So I think I'll pass on trying to educate you on our club. That's not why I came here.

Trying to find a pattern from such a small pool of data is quite funny, I must say, but each to their own. Thanks for the amateur psychological breakdown though. I'll get working on expanding my MO just for you.

As for the backhanded insults...you don't think that's a bit hypocritical?
You seem to completely disregard the obvious.
1) YOUR CLUB DOES NOT HAVE THE FINANCIAL MIGHT TO COMPETE. Not just with City but with anybody.
2) YOUR WHOLE SEASON IS DEPENDANT ON AGEING PLAYERS WHO CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR CURRENT LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE.
3) YOUR MANAGER WHO SEES NO VALUE IN THE MARKET HAS JUST PAID £7 MILLION ON SOMEBODY HE HAS NEVER SEEN PLAY WHO WAS AVAILABLE SEVERAL WEEKS EARLIER FOR FREE.
4)YOU HAVE NO STRENGTH IN DEPTH ANYMORE.
5) YOUR CLUB IS IN DECLINEBUT YOU ARE SO INFECTED BY THE HYPE IT IS CLOUDING YOUR JUDGEMENT.
No one can doubt the success that has been acheive by your club, the record books speak for themselves. A new era in football is dawning in which your team ARE NOT significant players. Now I can understand your reticence to admit this but you are plain blinkered.

Couple of questions, in what way do we need educating? And why did yo come on here?
As to the back handed insults you should not piss in some one's garden and not expect a reaction.
Newton's 3rd law TO EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION.
IF YO DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE.

Erm, it wasn't me who mentioned educating you, it was your oh so loveable mod. I wasn't planning on educating anybody. I find the idea of it patronising, that's not really my thing. I don't assume I know better than anyone on here. About anything.

The analogy's a decent one but I don't think I pissed on your garden, I just went for a quick trip to meet the neighbours sitting on the grass. Then they started pissing all over me.

As for the points...I really don't think there's any point in replying to them is there?

I guess I got owned. Again. It hurts.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:37 pm --

Ducado said:
Just like any forum (including this one) there are a fair few idiots who really don't have a clue what they are talking about and those who by blind loyalty to their belief in their team can not see the wood for the trees.

However their are some sensible posters as well (not as many as here but there you go) and sometimes the general football forum can be a good read, I just wish that all rival forums had the same policy as Bluemoon in welcoming all fans no matter who they support on the proviso that they respect the forum, wouldn't the world be a far better place

Hmmm, welcoming indeed.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 pm --<br /><br />Right, I've got one last question for you lot - where do you think we'll finish this season? Just to gauge how much you think we're in the dumps, because it's really hard to know what you're really thinking behind all of the insults.

Then I'll leave this thread so I stop 'getting owned' or attempting to wind you up or whatever I'm perceived to be doing on here...

I think Manu will finish behind Chelsea, Arsenal and us. You will lose points to all top teams. Then again, I've predicted Manu's downfall since last year and it didnt happen, but each year it gets more likely. Maybe this year.. :>

Tevez - was a good player to be fair to him and I liked him a lot - he had tantrums when sitting on the bench though (not necessarily a bad thing in a player) and he may be a destabilising force.
Saha - 12.8m coming in. Injury plagued.
Stam - 10.6m in at 26 and 16.5m out at 29
Djemba Djemba - 3.5m in and 1.5m out (and anything was too much)
Kleberson - 6.5m in (after a world cup where he was excellent) and 2.5m out after 2 poor and injury fraught seasons
Miller - free in and free out (he played well at Celtic but it just did not work for him in Manchester)
Dong - 500,000 in and nothing out except for a loads of shirt sales in China. Commercially a good move.
Veron - 28m in and 15m out to Chelsea (UK football did not suit but he is a very good player)
Prunier - only got as far as a trial
Hargreaves - 17m in, injury problems after a good start, but you won't find many who did not want to buy him.
Berbatov - Is he worth 30m? If he has a good year this time then yes, if not no.
Cruyff - 1.4m in , injured ankle - free out
Manucho - cost what? nothing
Barthez - 7.8m in, no idea what he sold for. Worth 7.8m just for the entertainment value!
Bosnich - free in and free out
Taibi - 4.4m and what a crap goalie he was.
Blomqvist - 4.4m in, champions league, league and cup winner and then injured
Bellion - 2m. Agree that he never worked out but he cost peanuts and Arsenal wanted him so money well spent just to upset Arsene
Smith - 7m in, played 61 games and got crocked - 6m out
Carroll - 2.5m in and out of contract when he left. Worth spending 2.5m to see him leave!
Greening - 0.5m in, 3m out
Poborsky - good player but not as good as Beckham
Dublin - 1m in, injuries and 2m out
Nevland - trialist
McGibbon - who?
Sealy - arrived on loan, then a free and won a Cup Winners' Cup medal.
Coton - Played 163 times for City, 500k in, injured and 600k out. Top goalie coach too
Ricardo - international goalkeeper 1.5m in, 3 yrs of cover and free out
Howard - 4m in, 3m out .. thats a loss of 250k a season so hardly a disaster
Berg - 5m in and very successful - should have held on to him
Tosic - 5m in and 7m out

What about Forlan? He was one I wanted to stay. He was 7m in and 2m out.

There have been some disasters but not many. There are some players like Veron, Kleberson, Saha, Hargreaves who looked good players but through injury or not adjusting to the English game must be considered failures.

Consider the bottom line. The nett spend since 1992/93 including this year has been 136 million. I will not give the list of silverware won in that time. Let me just say that if you compare silverware achieved with nett money spent then overall he has done pretty well.

However, this is a City forum and I just spent ages on United which was not my intention. I just wanted to congratulate City on entering the main part of the UEFA cup tonight, having a very good start to the season and I have no doubt a successful season is to follow. I actually think City will go close to winning the League this year and if everything falls in to place might even win it.

The more teams that are pushing for the title can only be good. I think Chelsea will be there, City too. Not sure about Spurs. Arsenal I don't think so because I can't see where the improvement is going to come from and they have been 10 points of the pace each year. Aston Villa are in disarray. I don't see where Liverpool have improved. Everton might be a surprise team but cannot win the league. Fulham might do well too. Mark Hughes has inherited a decent setup and a team rather than individuals and I think that will suit his style. They won;t get in the top 4 but might surprise a few teams this season. Bottom line is I think it is a 3 team race to the title and City are one of those teams. Utd and Chelsea the others. If United finish behind City this year it won't be the first time that has happened to me in the past 40 years so let battle commence.

brasilboy said:
Tevez - was a good player to be fair to him and I liked him a lot - he had tantrums when sitting on the bench though (not necessarily a bad thing in a player) and he may be a destabilising force.
Saha - 12.8m coming in. Injury plagued.
Stam - 10.6m in at 26 and 16.5m out at 29
Djemba Djemba - 3.5m in and 1.5m out (and anything was too much)
Kleberson - 6.5m in (after a world cup where he was excellent) and 2.5m out after 2 poor and injury fraught seasons
Miller - free in and free out (he played well at Celtic but it just did not work for him in Manchester)
Dong - 500,000 in and nothing out except for a loads of shirt sales in China. Commercially a good move.
Veron - 28m in and 15m out to Chelsea (UK football did not suit but he is a very good player)
Prunier - only got as far as a trial
Hargreaves - 17m in, injury problems after a good start, but you won't find many who did not want to buy him.
Berbatov - Is he worth 30m? If he has a good year this time then yes, if not no.
Cruyff - 1.4m in , injured ankle - free out
Manucho - cost what? nothing
Barthez - 7.8m in, no idea what he sold for. Worth 7.8m just for the entertainment value!
Bosnich - free in and free out
Taibi - 4.4m and what a crap goalie he was.
Blomqvist - 4.4m in, champions league, league and cup winner and then injured
Bellion - 2m. Agree that he never worked out but he cost peanuts and Arsenal wanted him so money well spent just to upset Arsene
Smith - 7m in, played 61 games and got crocked - 6m out
Carroll - 2.5m in and out of contract when he left. Worth spending 2.5m to see him leave!
Greening - 0.5m in, 3m out
Poborsky - good player but not as good as Beckham
Dublin - 1m in, injuries and 2m out
Nevland - trialist
McGibbon - who?
Sealy - arrived on loan, then a free and won a Cup Winners' Cup medal.
Coton - Played 163 times for City, 500k in, injured and 600k out. Top goalie coach too
Ricardo - international goalkeeper 1.5m in, 3 yrs of cover and free out
Howard - 4m in, 3m out .. thats a loss of 250k a season so hardly a disaster
Berg - 5m in and very successful - should have held on to him
Tosic - 5m in and 7m out

What about Forlan? He was one I wanted to stay. He was 7m in and 2m out.

There have been some disasters but not many. There are some players like Veron, Kleberson, Saha, Hargreaves who looked good players but through injury or not adjusting to the English game must be considered failures.

Consider the bottom line. The nett spend since 1992/93 including this year has been 136 million. I will not give the list of silverware won in that time. Let me just say that if you compare silverware achieved with nett money spent then overall he has done pretty well.

However, this is a City forum and I just spent ages on United which was not my intention. I just wanted to congratulate City on entering the main part of the UEFA cup tonight, having a very good start to the season and I have no doubt a successful season is to follow. I actually think City will go close to winning the League this year and if everything falls in to place might even win it.

The more teams that are pushing for the title can only be good. I think Chelsea will be there, City too. Not sure about Spurs. Arsenal I don't think so because I can't see where the improvement is going to come from and they have been 10 points of the pace each year. Aston Villa are in disarray. I don't see where Liverpool have improved. Everton might be a surprise team but cannot win the league. Fulham might do well too. Mark Hughes has inherited a decent setup and a team rather than individuals and I think that will suit his style. They won;t get in the top 4 but might surprise a few teams this season. Bottom line is I think it is a 3 team race to the title and City are one of those teams. Utd and Chelsea the others. If United finish behind City this year it won't be the first time that has happened to me in the past 40 years so let battle commence.

you have to remember the massive transfer fee inflation that has occured since 1992/93, you'd have had to have paid a lot more for some of those players in today's market.

I don't get the transfer fee spend argument with City. We can afford massively more than we do spend, and it's not another team's fans judgement to say it's not value for money, it's our owners. At the end of the day we don't care, as long as we win trophies and that we are sustainable somewhere down the line, let's face it, if we get this right in 30 years we could have the record for most trophy wins in every club competition, so if people think it's bad now, just wait.

It's all about banter between supporter's. I have no time for the stupid hatred nonsense that goes on. Maybe if I lived in Manchester though I would change my mind though!

The only United v City matches I ever attended were in the 70's and I can't remember ever seeing Utd win. I think my record of watching City at Old Trafford is 3 losses and 1 draw and I decided I must be a jinx so I won't ever be watching Utd play City again. I used to have nightmares about Francis Lee. Lee, Bell, Summerbee .. christ I just realised I probably know more about City's past than half the people here do!

Anyway I think I should pass some inside information on Bebe to you lot. I know why Bebe did not play against City the other night. He was looking for somewhere to live. I know why he did not play? No-one remembered to buy him boots and he did not have any. Bebe - give him 9 months and he will make an appearance. Ferguson just does not communicate with Querioz well. He thought he was spending 7m on a home for his baby rather than 7m for a homeless Bebe.

To get a swipe in the other direction. Did you know that Busby played for City and managed United. Hughes played for United and managed City. Mancini did neither!

Tosic - 5m in and 7m out
Hardly. Wasn't he and that other Serb bloe part of a 15million deal, and you didn't even end up taking the other guy?

So 8m down the drain for two players who didn't even make an appearance.

Wheelsy said:
Tosic - 5m in and 7m out
Hardly. Wasn't he and that other Serb bloe part of a 15million deal, and you didn't even end up taking the other guy?

So 8m down the drain for two players who didn't even make an appearance.

I'm sorry, what exactly do you think happened when we didn't take this other guy? Do you think we paid £10m for him, and then just gave him away?

mackenzie said:
Has anyone else ever noticed that when a very opinionated poster gets completely "owned" by another, their posts in reply get smaller and smaller?

I love Damocles, I really do. ;-)

I ♥ you too. Let's have purebred City kids :P

Brwned said:
Right, I've got one last question for you lot - where do you think we'll finish this season? Just to gauge how much you think we're in the dumps, because it's really hard to know what you're really thinking behind all of the insults.

Then I'll leave this thread so I stop 'getting owned' or attempting to wind you up or whatever I'm perceived to be doing on here...

United are on a downward turn, an aging squad bolstered by unproven, far from certaint success, youngsters. The finances are a concern for you, the Glazers are milking the club for all it's worth and anyone still believing the corporate line that there's money to sopend but no value is deluding themselves, the £80m+ from Ronaldo will NEVER be reinvested in the playing staff, a portion maybe but nowhere nera the full amount.

United will still be there or there abouts this season, they haven't dropped off that far yet, I'd suggest second place again, although further adrift of Chelsea than last year and much closer to the chasing pack. It's next season, and the next, and the next where United's financial issues and lack of squad investment, will start to become more of an issue. Scholes and Giggs are at the very end of their careers, Ferdinand is on the downward slope, and constantly injured, Van de Saar has a season or two at best left in him, O'Shea, Brown, Evans, Anderson, Carrick etc are good players, but not great, and certainly not starting players I'd want to build my squad around.

So, overall, you'll be fine in the 2010-2011 season, but you'll struggle more and more from this season onwards. A major squad investment is required, several areas need addressing, and that costs money, money the Glazers would seemingly like to keep all for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.