Son Heung-Min

All the sounds make it out that he's actually quite happy at Spurs and is going to sign a new contract

I'd love for us to get him, he's a genuine world class player....but in reality can't see it

May only have 2 years left on his contract but this is Levy, he won't give him up on the cheap. He is also going to be 29 by the time next season starts, and his next contract will be his last big one

Also, I've always felt that he only looks truly world class on the break, so I think he will probably be less suited to us than he is Spurs....similarly to how Mahrez has never hit the peak he set at Leicester as they countered which gave him space to attack full backs 1 vs 1

100%! The way he glides across the pitch picking up different positions! I would take a 1 for 1 with son and Sterling right now
Good shout, Son for Sterling is a big upgrade for us.

Son signed for Spurs in the same summer we signed Sterling. Bear in mind, for the first two seasons, they finished above us in the league.

Son - 272 appearances, 104 goals, 63 assists.
Sterling - 282 appearances, 113 goals, 86 assists.

At international level, Son has 26 goals and 17 assists in 91 caps. Sterling has 14 goals and 22 assists in 61 caps.

The numbers are remarkably similar. If anything, Sterling edges it, and he's 2 and a half years younger.

Son would likely take a season to properly adjust to Pep's style (just like Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres), at which point he'd be 30 years old.

Levy would snap your hand off if you offered him a straight swap IMO, which says it all. Bad idea.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.