Son Heung-Min

He looks brilliant when he can run on to a ball played over the top or when he's running at stretched defences.

He isn't so good when teams pack the box.

As such, like Mahrez, his main strengths will be nullified.

Son signed for Spurs in the same summer we signed Sterling. Bear in mind, for the first two seasons, they finished above us in the league.

Son - 272 appearances, 104 goals, 63 assists.
Sterling - 282 appearances, 113 goals, 86 assists.

At international level, Son has 26 goals and 17 assists in 91 caps. Sterling has 14 goals and 22 assists in 61 caps.

The numbers are remarkably similar. If anything, Sterling edges it, and he's 2 and a half years younger.

Son would likely take a season to properly adjust to Pep's style (just like Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres), at which point he'd be 30 years old.

Levy would snap your hand off if you offered him a straight swap IMO, which says it all. Bad idea.
Sterling has been excellent for us but I think he has peaked, he has had a poor season and seems to be going backwards.
He, Sterling has always had technical weakness , his shooting and general ball striking is poor for a top quality player and I can't see it improving.
Son is very consistent , top quality player, in saying that he seems very happy at Spurs and seems a very loyal man, can't see him leaving by choice.

Our fans are embarrassing in how they are always on Sterling's case. This guy is Spurs only outlet aside Kane. He will hardly have any impact he has there. Don't know why Sterling has to be involved in this discussion. He is staying whether you like it or not. As for Son, it's a nailed on move for someone like Bayern, Juve, one of the La Liga clubs. They aim for this age profile. Doesn't make sense for us, neither is he an upgrade on any of our players.

I’ll be buzzing if we do sign Kane but I’ve always really admired Son and thought he’d be brilliant for us.

His nose for goal, skill, intelligence and overall personality I’ve always thought would be perfect for us.

Looks like it won’t happen now, but ah well.

Fantastic player to watch (unless it’s against us) and seems like a really decent humble guy to boot.

I’ll be buzzing if we do sign Kane but I’ve always really admired Son and thought he’d be brilliant for us.

His nose for goal, skill, intelligence and overall personality I’ve always thought would be perfect for us.

Looks like it won’t happen now, but ah well.

Fantastic player to watch (unless it’s against us) and seems like a really decent humble guy to boot.
£160M for the pair of them.

Our fans are embarrassing in how they are always on Sterling's case. This guy is Spurs only outlet aside Kane. He will hardly have any impact he has there. Don't know why Sterling has to be involved in this discussion. He is staying whether you like it or not. As for Son, it's a nailed on move for someone like Bayern, Juve, one of the La Liga clubs. They aim for this age profile. Doesn't make sense for us, neither is he an upgrade on any of our players.
Grass is always greener to some people

Do any of us think like me with his contract running down,, he could be the 1, not Bellingham, makes sense to me commercially to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.