Song lyrics which remind you of City

strongbowholic said:
liamctid said:
Was sitting on the train coming back from Manchester yesterday listening to Megadeth's "Youthanasia" album and the track 'The Killing Road' has the line, 'Lost my mind, I lost all my money, I lost my life to the killing road' - It reminded me somewhat of City, losing my mind, money and life to watching that shower.

In The Smiths song 'What difference does it make?' there is the line 'Yes we may be hidden by rags, but we've got something they'll never have'

Obviously I think 'Some might say we will find a brighter day' relates to City in many ways, or else I wouldn't of had it on a flag!

What's yours?
Is that not 'Hand In Glove'?

The Smiths lyric that reminds me most of City is "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

Yep, you're right! Sorry Mozza, for I have sinned!

liamctid said:
Was sitting on the train coming back from Manchester yesterday listening to Megadeth's "Youthanasia" album and the track 'The Killing Road' has the line, 'Lost my mind, I lost all my money, I lost my life to the killing road' - It reminded me somewhat of City, losing my mind, money and life to watching that shower.

In The Smiths song 'What difference does it make?' there is the line 'Yes we may be hidden by rags, but we've got something they'll never have'

Obviously I think 'Some might say we will find a brighter day' relates to City in many ways, or else I wouldn't of had it on a flag!

What's yours?
Always look on the bright side of life
from the life of Brian and its also my personal anthem

i always change the words to Rod,s You're in my heart......."but you're every schoolboys dream,you're CELTIC you're CITY,but united you are shity,you're the worst team i've ever seen,YOUR IN MY HEART,YOUR IN MY SOUL,"

Please, Please, Please - The Smiths

Good times for a change
See, the luck I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
See, the life I've had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows it would be the first time
Lord knows it would be the first time

Every time I hear bridge over troubled waters by simon and Art I think of the peter Reid Era........................

Live Forever by Oasis, easily one of my fave songs, but also because it emphasises how City will never die, and in a way how we've 'returned'

'Some people wait for a lifetime to spend their days in the sunshine' - Cigarettes & Alcohol, Oasis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.