Songs that bring a tear.

More of personal genre preference and during my time kind of songs but my relative short list would be:

1. For Martha (Smashing Pumpkins)

In memory of Billy Corgan's mother who died of cancer

2. Miss You Love (Silverchair)

During Daniel John's fight with depression/anxiety and anorexia (with the latter also having a song called Ana's Song but a bit gritty)

3. February Stars (Foo Fighters)

Not sure why this is a tearjerker but everytime this goes in my songlist when I gigged a lot during the 90s, it was excruciatingly emotionally exhausting to the point that you feel you haven't pushed enough or an almost there/I made it experience on stage.

All these songs were quite the crowd tearjerker moments when played as how they're intended to be played and a good change of pace in between the heavies. When I listen back to these songs they remind me of the good old days when songs were filled with stories and emotions and less of the music and digital technicalities.

I love a bit of Johnny cash.
Hung my head or southern accents always well me up.

Also Paul Weller:

I cry at All sorts. I'm a right mard arse.
American sniper - cried
Lion king - cried
Aguero goal - cried

Relegation - nothing. Not a drop.

Weird really

Just out driving in the car with her husband, my sister heard this and said it was a song she'd like to be played at her funeral. Two weeks later, out of the blue, she had a massive heart attack which killed her, only in her fifties. Obviously this was played at her funeral and I'm a pretty cold hard person that can get through emotional things but when this played and the words 'time to say goodbye' started my legs turned to jelly and the tears started. They've started again now. RIP my sister Susan x

Bless you pal. Hope you are well.

It is a beautiful song and does tug at the heart strings.

Luv ya mate...

Fecking outstanding with the live strings. Cant work out if i feel uplifted for the mates you have or melancholy for the mates you've lost, sign of a proper tearjerker...

Last edited:
More of personal genre preference and during my time kind of songs but my relative short list would be:

1. For Martha (Smashing Pumpkins)

In memory of Billy Corgan's mother who died of cancer

2. Miss You Love (Silverchair)

During Daniel John's fight with depression/anxiety and anorexia (with the latter also having a song called Ana's Song but a bit gritty)

3. February Stars (Foo Fighters)

Not sure why this is a tearjerker but everytime this goes in my songlist when I gigged a lot during the 90s, it was excruciatingly emotionally exhausting to the point that you feel you haven't pushed enough or an almost there/I made it experience on stage.

All these songs were quite the crowd tearjerker moments when played as how they're intended to be played and a good change of pace in between the heavies. When I listen back to these songs they remind me of the good old days when songs were filled with stories and emotions and less of the music and digital technicalities.

Some great songs there.

Dry your eyes by the streets has got me emotional most recently. My Dad has moved away, not far but far enought that i dont seem him very often and I miss the fact that i cant just pop in and see him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.