#SOO Save Our Olé Season III.....Ole, The Trilogy.....We've Failed.....Thank You Ole.

He is the Norwegian equivalent of Alan Ball

I get what you're saying, but he isn't though, is he?

I've been trying since he became permanent to find any good reason (as in, an actual football reason) to appoint him. There isn't one. I tried to think of a single City manager during our 'transition years' who was less qualified. I can't think of one. (Tbh, didn't try thinking too hard, it's not great memories!)

Alan Ball was far more qualified. I mean light years away from OGS. Who else? Horton? No, he was a no brainer by comparison. Frank Clarke? Even he had actual, proper experience (not much, I'll grant). Coppell? The less said the better, but, although closer, still doesn't really compare. And remember to put it in to context - the relative situation of us then and them now...

This fail is so epic, on such a colossal scale, I still haven't got my head around it and can't find anything to compare it to.

The very best they can possibly realistically hope for is he (despite the evidence) turns out to be a competent enough manager and doesn't balls it all up, and they manage to get in the kind of players that can keep them ticking over at a passable level (despite him) until this all goes away.

I get what you're saying, but he isn't though, is he?

I've been trying since he became permanent to find any good reason (as in, an actual football reason) to appoint him. There isn't one. I tried to think of a single City manager during our 'transition years' who was less qualified. I can't think of one. (Tbh, didn't try thinking too hard, it's not great memories!)

Alan Ball was far more qualified. I mean light years away from OGS. Who else? Horton? No, he was a no brainer by comparison. Frank Clarke? Even he had actual, proper experience (not much, I'll grant). Coppell? The less said the better, but, although closer, still doesn't really compare. And remember to put it in to context - the relative situation of us then and them now...

This fail is so epic, on such a colossal scale, I still haven't got my head around it and can't find anything to compare it to.

The very best they can possibly realistically hope for is he (despite the evidence) turns out to be a competent enough manager and doesn't balls it all up, and they manage to get in the kind of players that can keep them ticking over at a passable level (despite him) until this all goes away.

I did wonder where you were going with it after your first line

I suppose, using your working out, would be Stuart Pearce .As it turned out, it worked(at first) however he wasn't qualified but we were skint and has little or no other option

I did wonder where you were going with it after your first line

I suppose, using your working out, would be Stuart Pearce .As it turned out, it worked(at first) however he wasn't qualified but we were skint and has little or no other option

Fair point. I glossed over Pearce because, as you say, no option, but I should perhaps have put the caveat in for clarity.

So, apart from Pearce...

Fair point. I glossed over Pearce because, as you say, no option, but I should perhaps have put the caveat in for clarity.

So, apart from Pearce...

No one. It would be like us now hiring someone like Uwe Rosler, I suppose. United hoped he would have had the Zidane effect and drank it all in with the win over PSG.

No one. It would be like us now hiring someone like Uwe Rosler, I suppose. United hoped he would have had the Zidane effect and drank it all in with the win over PSG.

Their perspective is that they are more hoping it was a Guardiola at Barcelona B type thing - where he's cut his teeth at Molde and then returned as saviour of the United side.

Now we have a chance Pep's on board.

Pep Guardiola on those questioning the appointment of Solskjaer: “I am close to Solskjaer, I understand his position. We are alone, we feel alone. It is the reality, we have to accept it. If not, stay at home. I understand him and I am with him. I support him.”

Pep Guardiola on those questioning the appointment of Solskjaer: “I am close to Solskjaer, I understand his position. We are alone, we feel alone. It is the reality, we have to accept it. If not, stay at home. I understand him and I am with him. I support him.”

Did Pep really say that ? If so please can you translate it because I haven't got a Scooby what he means.

Great news. With Fraudiola on board, this worthy campaign cannot fail.

#prayforOle

He's used every cliche in the book but at least he hasn't mentioned United's DNA.

What's that?

Oh for fuck sake.

2zjhuvm.png
If he's been giving them his DNA, no wonder they won't run on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.