#SOO Save Our Olé Season III.....Ole, The Trilogy.....We've Failed.....Thank You Ole.

The blessed Ole is merely highlighting to the board where the weaknesses in the United team are by paying the eleven he is. It's outstandingly clever management. The Glazers and Woodward aren't football people, and they may not have appreciated the tactical and strategic necessities they have to deal with. Ole is making it clear, even to footballing ingenues where the problems lie, in order to allow them to fix it.

This is superb expectation management and will ensure United spend their resources exactly where needed on twelve new players. This is why he's got the contract, and quite frankly, those of you criticising just aren't understanding the plan.

So what is his plan then ?

How will Solskjaer's final team, with all his own signings, playing ideally to his instructions, actually play ?

Does he want a keeper who passes the ball, or just a stopper ?

Is an old school back 4, with the accent on being strong defensively, or a back 4 who are quality in possession his priority ?

How about in midfield ? What sort of setup ? Power, passing, athletes, size, workrate ? Will he have a centrepiece like Pogba & runners round him, or a combative duo, or go for 'clever' players, like we do ?

Will he use wingers ? What kind ? Traditional, or inverted or just wide midfielders ?

Up front, big centre forward feeding off crosses or, modern tricky style ? One, two or three in attack ?

From his games in charge of Utd so far, what have we learned, to give us an indication of what Solskjaer's plan will be ?

Will it be, park the bus & fucking leather it & we will figure it out as we go along ?

Why has nobody in the media, actually asked him what he's doing ?
He needs a few more holding mids with zero creativity, a few more right footed left wingers, some lummoxes of centre halves and a few aging wingers to play full back if you ask me. About £500m on those positions should do it.

Writing was on the wall when he was banging on about not parking in the 'managers spot' at the training ground and what about taking them to the cliff on tuesday. Wake up and be your own man instead of a puppet from above. Moyes and Ole were never strong enough to take on the job and the one man who was didn't get backed by the club. We can only be thankful that Woodward is this inept at this job or we would be batting away challenges from the rags and the scousers every year.

Writing was on the wall when he was banging on about not parking in the 'managers spot' at the training ground and what about taking them to the cliff on tuesday. Wake up and be your own man instead of a puppet from above. Moyes and Ole were never strong enough to take on the job and the one man who was didn't get backed by the club. We can only be thankful that Woodward is this inept at this job or we would be batting away challenges from the rags and the scousers every year.
All going to the Cliff to train achieved, was giving Guardiola a 4 hour head start on setting up to deal with their lineup and formation.

All going to the Cliff to train achieved, was giving Guardiola a 4 hour head start on setting up to deal with their lineup and formation.
ha, seriously though what did the players think when they are piled onto a bus and taken over there. Anyone ever see a time when Pep is taking over a minibus to Carrington?

He needs a few more holding mids with zero creativity, a few more right footed left wingers, some lummoxes of centre halves and a few aging wingers to play full back if you ask me. About £500m on those positions should do it.

I've watched most of their games, since he arrived, & other than the fact that he played for them, I truly don't understand what qualifies him to be their manager & what his 'style' is. I haven't seen anything other than the same stuff Mourinho tried.

The only surprise for me, has been the winning streak (which left me dumbfounded as to how they were doing it). I genuinely expected them to drop down the league, like a stone.

So they go on a winning run against cannon fodder and the fans get giddy. Woodward thinks I can't go wrong here if I give him the job permanently, the fans will love me and if it goes tits up it is they who will look foolish not me.

Fantastic planning, they haven't got a bloody clue have they?

Meanwhile Slur and Comb-over are allowed to hover about in the background casting a shadow over whoever is the current manager, making his position untenable.

It is wonderful to behold and long may it continue.

We can only be thankful that Woodward is this inept at this job

It's not just two-planks who should shoulder the responsibility for the farce that's currently taking place at the swamp, he's just the public face of it all. Personally, I am of the view that the pisscan is having a negative effect on the club because he simply cannot keep away, despite officially being 'retired'. Neither the Glazers or two-planks would dare to take preventative measures against his influence as the lemmings would revolt and the club would have another green and yellow fiasco on its hands.

We all remember how sly and manipulative the despot was whilst in charge, his personality wouldn't change just because he's retired.

I've watched most of their games, since he arrived, & other than the fact that he played for them, I truly don't understand what qualifies him to be their manager & what his 'style' is. I haven't seen anything other than the same stuff Mourinho tried.

The only surprise for me, has been the winning streak (which left me dumbfounded as to how they were doing it). I genuinely expected them to drop down the league, like a stone.

All of the underlying stats said they shouldn't be winning when they were on their streak, and they had some incredible luck, favours from the referees and smaller teams just losing their nerve.

The biggest factor was probably that 6 of his first 7 games were against sides in the bottom 7 of the table. The other was Spurs when De Gea made something like 15 saves in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.