Sorry but it's time to name name's

BlakeTheBlue said:
The simple reason why Micah Richards will NEVER reach the heights that all hoped, wanted and EXPECTED him to is very simple. You can see it in his face. You can see it when he talks and gives interviews. You can definitely see it when you look into his eyes.

The poor lad is as dumb as a chicken. I mean look at him. You can see it in his blank expression. The lights may well be on, but there is nobody home. He can have all the natural raw talent in world, which is what we witnessed at his best. But when he comes up against the more intelligent players he'll get absolutely ripped to pieces. As we know all to well.

Unfortunately this was proven YET AGAIN by that dirty long term king rag Ryan Giggs. he's 143 years old and he was able to make poor Micah look like a moron. Why? Because no matter how old he is, he still possesses one of the best footballing brains in the business.

All the truly world class defenders in history have had a good brain on them (Maldini, Nesta, Moore, Beckenbauer, Adams etc). there are the odd exceptions of course. I mean let's face it. Rio the Rag isn't exactly blessed in the Cerebral department in every day life (again just watch him go in interviews, Priceless). But on the pitch for some reason, his reading of the game has been top class down the years (Except on Sunday, Ha Ha Ha).

This unfortunately is something young Micah can never learn. That type of footballing intelligence is something you either have or haven't got. And he simply hasn't I'm afraid. It's even more obvious at CB than at RB. just look at the man immediately to his left in our team. Kolo Toure has a fantastic footballing brain. And is probably a very astute man off the field also. Thats why he's World class. Lescott seems like a bright spark too as do Bridge and Zabaleta. And young Nedum is one of the most intelligent men in the game, Literally. He boasts several Uni degrees to his name. He made sure he kept up with his studying just in case his football career fell through.

Nedum could well make it to be one of the true greats of the game (Injury permitting). unfortunately Micah IMO never will.

Prove me wrong Micah! (Please prove me wrong)

Farrrrr to personal Mr Blake and terrible behaviour....Sadly I had high hopes for you!!!

BlakeTheBlue said:
The simple reason why Micah Richards will NEVER reach the heights that all hoped, wanted and EXPECTED him to is very simple. You can see it in his face. You can see it when he talks and gives interviews. You can definitely see it when you look into his eyes.

The poor lad is as dumb as a chicken. I mean look at him. You can see it in his blank expression. The lights may well be on, but there is nobody home. He can have all the natural raw talent in world, which is what we witnessed at his best. But when he comes up against the more intelligent players he'll get absolutely ripped to pieces. As we know all to well. Gazza

Unfortunately this was proven YET AGAIN by that dirty long term king rag Ryan Giggs. he's 143 years old and he was able to make poor Micah look like a moron. Why? Because no matter how old he is, he still possesses one of the best footballing brains in the business. On his day Gigggs can make anyone look like a donkey

All the truly world class defenders in history have had a good brain on them (Maldini, Nesta, Moore, Beckenbauer, Adams etc). there are the odd exceptions of course. I mean let's face it. Rio the Rag isn't exactly blessed in the Cerebral department in every day life (again just watch him go in interviews, Priceless). But on the pitch for some reason, his reading of the game has been top class down the years (Except on Sunday, Ha Ha Ha).Centre half must be one of the easiest positions to play when it comes to 'reading the game'

This unfortunately is something young Micah can never learn. That type of footballing intelligence is something you either have or haven't got. And he simply hasn't I'm afraid. It's even more obvious at CB than at RB. just look at the man immediately to his left in our team. Kolo Toure has a fantastic footballing brain. And is probably a very astute man off the field also. Thats why he's World class. Lescott seems like a bright spark too as do Bridge and Zabaleta. And young Nedum is one of the most intelligent men in the game, Literally. He boasts several Uni degrees to his name. He made sure he kept up with his studying just in case his football career fell through.I didn't see Toure or Lescott anywhere near fletcher when he scored.

Nedum could well make it to be one of the true greats of the game (Injury permitting). unfortunately Micah IMO never will.

Prove me wrong Micah! (Please prove me wrong) I get the feeling that he'd have to score a hat-trick on the moon before you'd class him as half decent

Ok if your gonna talk football atleast be fair on the lad and dont put the whole blame on him. Look at the 4 goals and he wasnt the only 1 to blame. First goal the whole defence swtiched off and evra was SWP's man. 2nd goal both Micah and SWP were drawnt into evra leaving giggs acres of space but then even the cross hung a bit but fletcher wanted to get on the end of it and barry turned his back. The third was a stupid a free kick to give away but where was the marking? for the amount of money we spent on defenders we'd expect atleast some sprt of challenge. The 4th goal ok Micah was miles out of position and he'll hold his hands up and admit that but where the fuck was barry and Ireland? why did giggs get so much space to turn get his head up and pick out that pass? micah was shit but the rest didnt exactly make me feel confident so stop using him as a scape goat

Petetheblu said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

The poor lad is as dumb as a chicken. I mean look at him. You can see it in his blank expression. The lights may well be on, but there is nobody home. He can have all the natural raw talent in world, which is what we witnessed at his best. But when he comes up against the more intelligent players he'll get absolutely ripped to pieces. As we know all to well.

Unfortunately this was proven YET AGAIN by that dirty long term king rag Ryan Giggs. he's 143 years old and he was able to make poor Micah look like a moron. Why? Because no matter how old he is, he still possesses one of the best footballing brains in the business.

All the truly world class defenders in history have had a good brain on them (Maldini, Nesta, Moore, Beckenbauer, Adams etc). there are the odd exceptions of course. I mean let's face it. Rio the Rag isn't exactly blessed in the Cerebral department in every day life (again just watch him go in interviews, Priceless). But on the pitch for some reason, his reading of the game has been top class down the years (Except on Sunday, Ha Ha Ha).

This unfortunately is something young Micah can never learn. That type of footballing intelligence is something you either have or haven't got. And he simply hasn't I'm afraid. It's even more obvious at CB than at RB. just look at the man immediately to his left in our team. Kolo Toure has a fantastic footballing brain. And is probably a very astute man off the field also. Thats why he's World class. Lescott seems like a bright spark too as do Bridge and Zabaleta. And young Nedum is one of the most intelligent men in the game, Literally. He boasts several Uni degrees to his name. He made sure he kept up with his studying just in case his football career fell through.

Prove me wrong Micah! (Please prove me wrong)

Farrrrr to personal Mr Blake and terrible behaviour....Sadly I had high hopes for you!!!

I apologize if anybody was offended by my comment. But the fact is it's what i believe to be true in this case. There's no other reason why Micah has not pushed on to be a world beater. I think people are perhaps a little bit over Sensitive maybe?

P.S. "I had high hopes for you". why have high hopes for me??? I don't think our paths have crossed yet have they Pete mate?

As i say i'm sorry if folk find my words too "PERSONAL". But i've always said it as i see it. And unfortunately. That's what i see when i look at our Micah.

I mean come on fellas. I'm just stating what i feel is the reason he will not be good enough. Why he cannot progress. If you want to continually get had down our right flank because of this, simpley because you want to spare somebodys feelings, then fair play to ya. I on the other hand as i've said have no problem saying what has to be said. This overly PC world drives me nuts sometimes.

GET ZABO IN AT RB, BUY ALVES OR MAICON, SELL RICHARDS.

PaulPowre said:
Sorry about this but I have to get this off my chest...

What the fuck was Micah Richards doing yesterday?. He was absouletly woeful his constant moaning to other players about them not covering HIS position was embarrasing. Every goal he was stood 6-10yards out of position and pointing and blaming other players for his fook up's. He took his eye of the ball and he was at fault all afternoon. It was like we were two players missing because he was a passenger and SWP had to keep tracking back to try and cover right back because Richards was in no mans land. His positioning for Owens goal was not even good enough for sunday league he just stood in the semi circle 10 yards out of position and din't even move.

I'll never know why MH didn't put Zab on it's a real mystrey i just can't believe he left him on for the 97 minutes when it was obvious from 2 mins (Rooney goal) he was having a nightmare.

I just hope MH gives Zab a run now because that showing by Richards was just plain crap.

P.S Toure and Lescott had mares too but i understand they are getting used to each other and will definetly come good sooner rather than later. Thank the lord for Shay Given or it could have been really embarrasing.

One final thing Big up to Bellers fookin legend.

Perhaps you should be reviewing the video before you jumped to conclusion!
Just prior to Owen scoring,
At around 95' 20" , Four (4) City players (Micah not among them) were in the back guarding 2 MU players (one other, I believed it was Rooney, plus Owen). They let Owen sneak in on their right. Those four (4) City players had a defensive breakdown. Not Micah! They should have got Owen OFFSIDE!

It was not Micah's fault. In fairness he was on the right flank at the right strategic position. Unfortunately Micah, although not the nearest, was the first one to nearly stop Owen.

Note that at around 95' Micah had a last minute instruction from Sparky before he made a throwin.

Give Owen credit. Just that City, and a warning to other teams, underestimated him.

Its very disingenous of you to lay blame on Micah. Actually he is very unfortunate not to have more credit given to him, such as the 2 goals that should have been credited to him.

PaulPowre said:
Sorry about this but I have to get this off my chest...

What the fuck was Micah Richards doing yesterday?. He was absouletly woeful his constant moaning to other players about them not covering HIS position was embarrasing. Every goal he was stood 6-10yards out of position and pointing and blaming other players for his fook up's. He took his eye of the ball and he was at fault all afternoon. It was like we were two players missing because he was a passenger and SWP had to keep tracking back to try and cover right back because Richards was in no mans land. His positioning for Owens goal was not even good enough for sunday league he just stood in the semi circle 10 yards out of position and din't even move.

I'll never know why MH didn't put Zab on it's a real mystrey i just can't believe he left him on for the 97 minutes when it was obvious from 2 mins (Rooney goal) he was having a nightmare.

I just hope MH gives Zab a run now because that showing by Richards was just plain crap.

P.S Toure and Lescott had mares too but i understand they are getting used to each other and will definetly come good sooner rather than later. Thank the lord for Shay Given or it could have been really embarrasing.

One final thing Big up to Bellers fookin legend.

To call him crap is to suggest that you have a personal agenda

M22_blu said:
Ok if your gonna talk football atleast be fair on the lad and dont put the whole blame on him. Look at the 4 goals and he wasnt the only 1 to blame. First goal the whole defence swtiched off and evra was SWP's man. 2nd goal both Micah and SWP were drawnt into evra leaving giggs acres of space but then even the cross hung a bit but fletcher wanted to get on the end of it and barry turned his back. The third was a stupid a free kick to give away but where was the marking? for the amount of money we spent on defenders we'd expect atleast some sprt of challenge. The 4th goal ok Micah was miles out of position and he'll hold his hands up and admit that but where the fuck was barry and Ireland? why did giggs get so much space to turn get his head up and pick out that pass? micah was shit but the rest didnt exactly make me feel confident so stop using him as a scape goat

At least you are one of the sensible lads here. All of us are pissed at the loss but that doesn't mean that we should take it out on Micah and make him the scapegoat.
I take comfort knowing Sparky knows better than most of us.

Let's put things into perspective here, shall we? As a team we're still learning the ropes when it comes to competing at the highest level. We've got to learn a few 'tricks of the trade' before we can slug it out with the big boys and that's going to take a little more experience than we have at the moment. But it will happen.

Blaming Micah is a touch harsh, in my opinion. We were up against a well-organised rag side who over the years have been there, done it, and bought the tee-shirt. We are realtive newcomers to the cut and thrust of high-pressure games and we're still learning. So there's no need to get too despondent and start wanting to point the finger.

Yes, we made a few defensive errors, but with a little more experience those errors will be eradicated. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, wouldn't have made those mistakes had they been playing the rags on Sunday, and defnitely teams like Barcelona wouldn't either. But those sides have been playing these sort of high-octane games for years and years, we haven't.

KentBlue said:
Let's put things into perspective here, shall we? As a team we're still learning the ropes when it comes to competing at the highest level. We've got to learn a few 'tricks of the trade' before we can slug it out with the big boys and that's going to take a little more experience than we have at the moment. But it will happen.

Blaming Micah is a touch harsh, in my opinion. We were up against a well-organised rag side who over the years have been there, done it, and bought the tee-shirt. We are realtive newcomers to the cut and thrust of high-pressure games and we're still learning. So there's no need to get too despondent and start wanting to point the finger.

Yes, we made a few defensive errors, but with a little more experience those errors will be eradicated. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, wouldn't have made those mistakes had they been playing the rags on Sunday, and defnitely teams like Barcelona wouldn't either. But those sides have been playing these sort of high-octane games for years and years, we haven't.

Right On. Believe me, I predict Sparky will be the next Legend. When Fergie retires, 2 yrs. time, MU will be on the wane.

I Simply can't believe people are still excusing Richards.

No more excuses please.

He was absolute Dire all last season, and it looks like nothing has changed this season.
Last year when we were languishing mid table I could understand people saying give him a chance etc.

Unfortunately it is plain to see that his problem is not physical but mental.
It takes him seconds to react to situations that should take a 10th of a second.
Face it, you can't get away with that at the level we are now able to achieve.

The worst example this season was not in the Derby (although he 'switched off' on several occasions) but at home against Arsenal when SWP (himself not firing on all cylinders) picked the ball up in the RB position and was crying out for Richards to make an overlapping run (something that is basic for a fullback) but instead he jogged along side SWP for about 3 seconds until the crowd shouted loudly enough to wake him up.

I think Hughes has been obsessed with his physical presence but surely must give Zab the start he desrves tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.