South Africa are ruining the world cup

At least the moaning fuckers on this thread get to see most of the games, my twat of a job means I am missing 90% of them.

:( or :) depending on which side of the fence you fall..... ;)

The noise pisses me off but the footballers are paid to play football and be proud to represent their country. I think people underestimate how much this means to South Africa and in my opinion they have every right to celebrate what a triumph it is for that country to host such a prestigious and significant event in world football.

My views on the world cup and my dislike for it in general is well publicised, but as far as I am aware this thread was regarding discussing the impact of an instrument and the effect it is having on matches, rather than any racial issues or side subjects. If people have hidden agendas, that's thier own perogative, but I doubt the significant majority deem it appropriate to air those views in such a set minded OP.

NewbBlue said:
Goals are way down.
Really? I don't know if you're right or wrong, but I'd love to see some stats that back this up. I've watched 90% of the games in this World Cup. The first week was shite, but it's been great entertainment since the second round of games started.

postie101 said:
jrb said:
I blame the Zulu's.

Michael Caine did a splendid job.

"We can't stop the Vuvuzela Sir!"

Zulu-001.jpg

Vuvezelas, Sir! Thousands of them.

Oi, don't you blow that bloody vuvezelas at me.

Come on. Surely you must know that Michael Caine didn't address Stanley Baker as "sir". Lieutenants Bromhead and Chard were the same rank, but Chard (Baker) assumed command of Rorke's Drift as he had graduated a few months earlier. It was "Chard" and "Bromhead" not "sir".

Can't believe this thread is still going. It was shit on Friday and it remains so.

some of you just sound like bitter fans who are getting their salads tossed - you can have your brazilian roumba 4 years later anyways, why cry. enjoy diversity.

Dubai Blue said:
NewbBlue said:
Goals are way down.
Really? I don't know if you're right or wrong, but I'd love to see some stats that back this up. I've watched 90% of the games in this World Cup. The first week was shite, but it's been great entertainment since the second round of games started.
ESPN had it last week durig their coverage. If I recall correctly, it was 22 this year to 34 or something 4 years ago through the same period.

NewbBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:
ESPN had it last week durig their coverage. If I recall correctly, it was 22 this year to 34 or something 4 years ago through the same period.
Yes, last week, after the first round of games. I'll bet you that the number of goals aren't down anymore.

NewbBlue said:
South Africans are expressing their nation's identity at the cost of every other.

Not only that, it's a shite place for football. Elevation and cold in the summer time. Not to mention the Jabulani, which isn't their fault, but only adds to the overall impression of failure.

They've ruined Africa's chances to host another world cup during our lifetime, at least the part of Africa south of the Mediterranean coastal nations.

you do realise its winter over there right now dont you?

redmizzle said:
NewbBlue said:
South Africans are expressing their nation's identity at the cost of every other.

Not only that, it's a shite place for football. Elevation and cold in the summer time. Not to mention the Jabulani, which isn't their fault, but only adds to the overall impression of failure.

They've ruined Africa's chances to host another world cup during our lifetime, at least the part of Africa south of the Mediterranean coastal nations.

you do realise its winter over there right now dont you?

Mizzle ignore these fools, its bitter groaning people talking from their living rooms whoes idea of diversity is going to Ibiza surrounded by other Brits and claiming they now know new cultures and countries.

Fact is its winter down here and its only been cold during SOME of the night games depending which coast of the country the game is. During the day its been mainly blue skies and very warm, lovely weather. But what do I know? I am only here right now in the SUN getting ready to travel to Port Elizabeth for tommorrows game.

Miserable people usually find fault with anything even something bringing joy and happiness to others, cos guess what they are just miserable and misery needs company. LOL @ Africa is cold during summer. Most nay sayers are just too scared to say "its cos it in Africa so IT MUST BE A FAILURE." Well its not we are all having a wonderful time so keep on moaning you bitter twats.

*shakes head*

mancincali said:
some of you just sound like bitter fans who are getting their salads tossed - you can have your brazilian roumba 4 years later anyways, why cry. enjoy diversity.

Fcuk no! They're a bunch of annoying twats too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.