South Africa

Weather update fella's

Dont forget it's winter over here now and believe me it gets incredibly cold especially at nights!

Cape Town and Pretoria especially.

Anyone thinking of just packing footy shirts and shorts is going to be in for a big shock lol

The Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane will host the first match of this year’s Vodacom Challenge, between Orlando Pirates and Manchester City.
Kick off on July 18 is at15h00.

Sail, the company organizing this pre-season tournament that celebrates its 10th anniversary, confirmed both date and venue.

Kaizer Chiefs will get their chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Robinho on July 21 at the Absa Stadium in Durban. This match will start at 20h15.

The third match will be the Soweto derby between Bucs and Amakhosi at the new Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth on July 23. Kick off is at 20h15.

The winner of the Soweto Derby will play Manchester City in the Final at the Loftus Stadium on July 25, with the game starting at 15h00.

Sail have also announced ticket prices.

The match between Bucs and Man City in Polokwane will cost R100 per ticket (main grandstand, unreserved seating) and R45 per ticket (open seating, unreserved seating).

The Kaizer Chiefs v Man City clash in Durban will cost R350 each (suite tickets), R150 each (main grandstand, reserved), R100 each (north and south stands reserved), R75 each (east stand lower, reserved) and R45 each (east stand upper, unreserved).

Tickets for the Soweto Derby clash in Port Elizabeth will be on sale at R45 each.

For the Final, to secure your place will be R350 each (suite tickets), R150 each (main grandstand, reserved), R100 (north and south stands, reserved), R75 each (east lower stand, unreserved) and R45 each (east upper stand unreserved).

Tickets will go on sale at Computicket outlets, Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper outlets on June 15.

im flying out on the 19th but Polokwane! They are having a laugh, Why oh why cant they play somewhere civilised like the Cape. Who an earth whats to traipse all the way up to Limpopo for a friendly. Durban is bad enough.

blumoon said:
The Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane will host the first match of this year’s Vodacom Challenge, between Orlando Pirates and Manchester City.
Kick off on July 18 is at15h00.

Sail, the company organizing this pre-season tournament that celebrates its 10th anniversary, confirmed both date and venue.

Kaizer Chiefs will get their chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Robinho on July 21 at the Absa Stadium in Durban. This match will start at 20h15.

The third match will be the Soweto derby between Bucs and Amakhosi at the new Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth on July 23. Kick off is at 20h15.

The winner of the Soweto Derby will play Manchester City in the Final at the Loftus Stadium on July 25, with the game starting at 15h00.

Sail have also announced ticket prices.

The match between Bucs and Man City in Polokwane will cost R100 per ticket (main grandstand, unreserved seating) and R45 per ticket (open seating, unreserved seating).

The Kaizer Chiefs v Man City clash in Durban will cost R350 each (suite tickets), R150 each (main grandstand, reserved), R100 each (north and south stands reserved), R75 each (east stand lower, reserved) and R45 each (east stand upper, unreserved).

Tickets for the Soweto Derby clash in Port Elizabeth will be on sale at R45 each.

For the Final, to secure your place will be R350 each (suite tickets), R150 each (main grandstand, reserved), R100 (north and south stands, reserved), R75 each (east lower stand, unreserved) and R45 each (east upper stand unreserved).

Tickets will go on sale at Computicket outlets, Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper outlets on June 15.

The Stadium in Polokwane is only half built! Think this is wrong info mate? Will try and find out but i think the first game is in Cape Town

Danish Blue said:
im flying out on the 19th but Polokwane! They are having a laugh, Why oh why cant they play somewhere civilised like the Cape. Who an earth whats to traipse all the way up to Limpopo for a friendly. Durban is bad enough.

Nowt wrong with Limpopo mate, i live there lol but i think this info is wrong

I am certain the first game is in CT

Will update asap

blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Will update asap

Id be interested to know, Im arriving 19th so Ill miss it I guess if its the first game. No offence to Limpopo mate but when you live in Hermanus it may aswell be played on the moon.

Danish Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Danish Blue said:

Will update asap

Id be interested to know, Im arriving 19th so Ill miss it I guess if its the first game. No offence to Limpopo mate but when you live in Hermanus it may aswell be played on the moon.

No problems mate, its nice and warm up here (except for this week) the cape is fucking freezing lol.

As ive stated mate im able to help with accomodation if any guys fancy it. BTW it's FREE. Im a blue not a fucking nigerian prince on the make, like some would make out on here

im pleased i havnt booked any flights to cape town, as by the looks of it, the game is gonna be up in polokwane. its right up in the north of the country. havnt been up there for years, but think its about a four or five hour drive from johannesburg. if anyone knows of any reasonable and not very expensive accommodation up there, please let me know, i dont know much about the area. also if anyone knows the condition of the road up there, i will probably drive up on the friday afternoon.

here's the link to the article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sailsupport.co.za/2009VodaChallenge/mediarelease-10june09-limpopo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sailsupport.co.za/2009VodaCh ... mpopo.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.