Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

The rule change that allows so many subs has changed the game. Teams can run there arses off and then sub off all the knackered players and go again. It means teams like City who try and play football can no longer tire out the opposition by the second half.

It was annoying we lost but it will be interesting to see how Southampton get on against Everton. Can they play with that level of energy every game?

Hopefully that will get Tent Peg a bit giddy and go for it Sat.

In which case we smash the rag cunts, then all will be good with the world eh.

Up the fucking Blues.

Several players tonight may find it difficult to get in the first eleven again .

Break the bank for a decent left back please......

Imagine the atmosphere on the team coach leaving St Mary’s, even the Titanic passengers left Southampton in good spirits

What the fuck are we playing at. We have got enough cover at centre back to rest 2 for the weekend and play 2 tonight but he goes and sticks walker at cb. Did he not learn from Chelsea in the league
Again are worst performances under pep come when he fucks about with players in un natural positions but he keeps doing it time and time again
Stones and Dias were both unavailable tonight through injury, and Ake is currently our first choice left back. So I'm not sure why you're claiming we have loads of cover at centre back, because tonight we didn't.

Unacceptably shit. Again. Said in the match thread, it’s boring to watch. Like proper dull. And has been for weeks/months now. All for the sake of control and we’re not particularly doing that either. It’s shite.

We’ve gone from the most exciting team to watch - pace, high tempo, urgency, progressive passing, chances, creating, goals - to fuck all. Passing it backwards. Passing it with the ball rolling its way to its target rather than being fizzed in. Blunt. Dull. Boring. None of them seem interested.

We’ve got the most sought-after forward in world football up there collecting dust and feeding off scraps because of it.

Might seem reactionary because it’s just one game with loads of changes but it’s not just tonight. It’s been happening for fucking ages. It stems deeper than tonight. Something seems genuinely wrong and it wouldn’t surprise me if the players can’t be arsed with this new-found philosophy. I know I can’t as a fan paying hundreds to watch it.

Gomez can go. Cancelo can get to fuck - throwing his arms about like some petulant **** when he’s one of the worst on the pitch consistently. Foden needs to buck his ideas up. Grealish needs to start producing game-changing moments rather than what he is doing (I’m one of his advocates). Phillips needs to stop admiring his 5 yard passes and actually make an effort to show for the ball.
Absolutely fkin spot on

That was fucking disgraceful. Right from the 1st minute we were sloppy and ponderous and it continued throughout the game. Too slow getting forward, strolling about comes across as half arsed. Passing from the forwards back to midfield, who are slow & sloppy, then either pass back to the defenders (if they haven’t lost possession). We did the hard yards beating Chelsea and Liverpool, but then to turn in this shit is unforgivable. We need to stop fucking about, trying to be too clever and just do the right things at the right time.
Ortega… Poor on both goals 4/10
Walker… passing sloppy 5/10
Cancelo… worst on the pitch. 0/10
Laporte…. Steady 7/10
Gomez… Absolutely piss poor in everything tonight. 2/10
Phillips…. Poor, too slow and ponderous on the ball 4/10
Gundogan… shockingly poor 3/10
Foden…. Poor, ball like a hot potato. Shocking. 4/10
Grealish… average, no more. 6/10
Alvarez… Poor and largely anonymous, though starved. 4/10
Palmer… Nervous, negative, leggy, did everything wrong tonight 2/10
Pep Guardiola… ridiculous selection and formation 3/10

Yet another listless performance - slow, a curious mixture of boring and frustrating to watch, and far too predictable to play against.

Beaten (and deservedly so - we can't have any complaints about that scoreline) by the worst team in the league with not a single shot on target in reply.

And so many players playing out of position - and I include Ortega in that. He clearly thought he was a CB tonight, not a goalie.

Summer window:

Sell: Ortega. Gomez. Akanji. Walker. Laporte. Cancelo. Gundogan. Grealish. Palmer.

Buy a proper f*cking left back.

Phillips is on the watch list - his injury record buys him more time.

Pay Bernardo whatever it takes to get him to stay.

Of course, we'll wind up selling none of this lot, with perhaps the exception of Grealish. Someone on the match day forum suggested that some players need three years to get used to Pep's system. Nonsense. I like the lad, but he just hasn't played well enough, consistently enough to buy any more time.

And we won't keep Bernie. Nor will we properly address the 6 year ongoing LB situation.
We had a good left back in Zinchencko
We handed him and Jesus to Arsenal who will probably win the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.