Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

The biggest worry is our wide players playing consistently poor, Foden looks a shadow of the player he was, Jack nothing like he was at Villa, Marhez good but in little spells, Parker not pushed on. Best winger we have is Silva and he isn’t played anywhere near what he should. Looks like we turn up and hope KFB and Haaland perform.

How Cancelo stayed on the pitch tonight was amazing

The rule change that allows so many subs has changed the game. Teams can run there arses off and then sub off all the knackered players and go again. It means teams like City who try and play football can no longer tire out the opposition by the second half.

It was annoying we lost but it will be interesting to see how Southampton get on against Everton. Can they play with that level of energy every game?
Agree completely about the substitution rule.

Shitshow, couldnt pass for toffee, second best at everything else as well.

Not gonna single anyone out as you can all see for yourselves.

Teams are really getting themselves "up" for playing against us, I suppose thats a compliment really but we are not coping very well with the physicality and tactics.

We need to impose ourselves on the game sooner, we are getting slow to start and even inferior opposition get a foothold before weve even warmed up.

Anyone who takes the lead against us then closes the game with time wasting and stoppages, we need to wise up, and soon.

As for southampton, if they approached every game like that they wouldnt be bottom of the league Im sure.

If we win the league or Champs League this season tonight will soon be forgotten

Trouble is right now I can’t see this happening. It’s easy to criticise Phillips and Gomez but it’s the poor performances of the established players that is worrying. We look so slow and predictable. Perhaps the motivation has gone.

Perhaps Dias returning will shake us up. Something needs to.

Was that City Ive just been watching or am I just deluded ? Didnt know they were capable of playing that poorly. Only positive is Southampton never scored more goals. We could have played 90 more minutes and wouldnt have scored. Simply SHOCKING.

Cancelo proved tonight he’s a great left back. And that is all. Why didn’t pep take Gomez off and put walker to rb and Cancelo to lb where we’ve had success after success. No need to take bring 2 defenders on then. Cancelo has proven over and over he’s shit for us at right back.

Have to think that he's saving Walker for Saturday...so he can be an inverted RB against an in form Rashford.

Hopefully that will get Tent Peg a bit giddy and go for it Sat.

In which case we smash the rag cunts, then all will be good with the world eh.

Up the fucking Blues.
Hopefully. Anyone who gives it a go against us at the moment troubles us greatly tho

The worst I've seen us in a long time. Hugely worrying lack of consistency at the moment.
This is what concerns me. Any team can have a few bad performances over a season but we have been so poor far too often this season! Team really need to step up over the next few weeks or it’s going to end without trophy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.