Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Yeah, I by now means blame our woeful performance on the kit clash, but I genuinely do think it didn’t help us.

At this level, with our creative players, at the speed the match is played, peripheral vision is important. And marginal things like that have an impact.

And the Soton players looked to have trouble, as well, it wasn’t just us.

It’s just an example of the modern game gone a bit mad.
Although I am not sure speed had much to do with our play. Looked a grey night with rain so that can't have helped either. I may be just grasping at straws though.

Agreed, Phillips wont succeed at City, he doesnt have what it takes.I thought Gomez was poor againts Chelsea, it was clear from his first few appearances that he wasnt at the right level.
Big shouty row in the pub about Phillips. I can tell he won’t succeed. It’s not his fault, he shouldn’t have been bought in the first place and where we he ends up I wish the kid well. Course then the what about Grealish shit got put my way.

Grealish will succeed with us. He’s got it. Phillips hasn’t. It needs addressing in the summer. He isn’t a City player.

So City fans travel hundreds of miles and are treated to shit,Pep you fucked up royally.You get paid the players get paid only the fans are the losers in this shambles.Is there any chance of pace in the forward line,sick to the back teeth of all this walking football .Pace.Pace.Pace.

We haven't dipped in form, we were never in form we play well for one to two games then the level drops considerably if it wasn't for Haaland being absolutely ridiculous we'd be in a different position in the table.

But... We DO have Haaland!

You could extrapolate that argument to the Dippers and Salad!!

What an upside down way of looking at things!

I know Southampton really struggled with it ….
They did, actually. Their first goals was kick and rush by two players after Gomez gave the ball away, and their second had nothing to do with passing or being able to tell who their players were from ours. Their passing otherwise was often pretty shite and they passed it to ours on quite a few occasions, as well.

Like I said, not the cause of our horrid performance, but definitely didn’t help.

... and second in the league.

What does that say about all the other teams??
They are shite. We lose on Saturday and we are point ahead of that shite and they lost 4-0 to fucking Brentford. But I suppose losing to Brentford is what shite teams do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.