Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Even trying to not overreact there is a huge problem with the team this season. There seems a big discord between pep and the squad as well? Recent comments from him plus the bizarre system and players in wrong positions doesn’t bode well at all. We have lost our fear factor and quite frankly the drop off from KDB, Foden and Cancelo is truly incredible and there is BIG problems imo
The World cup for whatever reason seems to have badly affected us but hopefully that display tonight is a big wake up call for everyone.

Pretty ordinary tonight for sure , little energy , invention and for the most part it looked like none of the players wanted to be out there.

Can't read too much beyond a lack lustre effort from all players who appeared happy to let the game drift by on a losing side.

Lets reserve some judgment based on how we go on Saturday before we begin to talk about a season that may well produce no silverware however I cannot help feeling that the pre season and the World Cup have taken some toll on the side and for whatever reason some of the intensity and drive has disappeared.

I remain hopeful its just temporary but we its obvious we need some changes in personnel to improve the first team.

Although I am not sure speed had much to do with our play. Looked a grey night with rain so that can't have helped either. I may be just grasping at straws though.
Haha, maybe we both are.

I still think it didn’t help us, though, and it was stupid to wear that kit, regardless of the outcome.

When I see Pep fuck around badly like tonight I can't help thinking that he wants to get sacked, or he's trying to make a point to the owners by saying I need new players, especially when he hauls our only left back off at half time, that's saying to the owners he's fucking shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.