Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

'The better team won'​

FT: Southampton 2-0 Man City
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "The better team won. We didn't play good, we didn't play well in the beginning. There are many games you can start not good and overcome and we didn't do it.
"When you are not prepared to play this game you arrive one inch late and don't score a goal. When you are prepared you score the goal.
"Today was a bad night, the opponent was better so we have to congratulate them. To win games you have to deserve it and tonight we didn't deserve it."

The worst performance under Pep. Not the end of the world but a wake-up call. Need to be ruthless to move forward now. Many of those players in the initial team tonight are not going to reach the level we need. We need to offload them in a managed way. Palmer and Gomez will never be elite players. We have blundered with Phillips and Grealish. Move them all on one by one and also Cancelo who looks like a one-season wonder. Our first choice 11 is still fantastic and could win the PL and CL this season. No time for being sentimental and I am sure Pep knows this. We need two fullbacks and back-up for Rodri and perhaps a rapid winger. You can't stand still. I think we will still beat United.
That just about sums it up. Agree with Palmer and Gomez. They train with the first team every day, and if they haven't improved under a coach like Pep then you'll never make it. Cancelo is living off that cross at the moment.I think we'll all be relieved when we finally sign a proper left back. It's been literally decades or more.

gomez was superb v chelsea, philips had to start sometime but surely pep couldn't in his wildest dreams think he was that shit, granted walker was out of position but for the rest of the team, no excuses it's on them!
Phillips was stunningly bad. I can't remember a worst debut in watching City for 50 plus years. You can tell a lot about a player from their debut game. I would write him off. Seems harsh but we can't go backwards.

Just did a quick check on Google maps. St Mary's to Piccadilly Gardens, the fastest route by road (with tolls) is 4 hrs and 12 minutes. Without tolls, it's 4 hrs and 47 minutes. So it's going to be around 2-3 a.m when they get back home (depending how quick they got away from the area surrounding St Mary's). Ladies and gents, I doff my cap to you. You didn't deserve what was served up this evening.
Nightmare to get away from… one road to the motorway, at least an hour to the M3

Just did a quick check on Google maps. St Mary's to Piccadilly Gardens, the fastest route by road (with tolls) is 4 hrs and 12 minutes. Without tolls, it's 4 hrs and 47 minutes. So it's going to be around 2-3 a.m when they get back home (depending how quick they got away from the area surrounding St Mary's). Ladies and gents, I doff my cap to you. You didn't deserve what was served up this evening.
More planning & research on that post than our tactics tonight! Lol

Have a safe trip back blues

Why do our players play like they can’t stand each other? Honestly, the bickering and arm throwing is a joke. Perhaps related to the body language thing Pep keeps going on about but there’s no joy in this team. They look and play like they’re bored and frustrated.
i think laporte was pissed off with gomez for constantly giving the ball away and him having to cover his arse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.