Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Thank fuck we are done in that.
If we don't get a response on Saturday then Pep can fuck off with his amazing tactics
I've been one of Grealish's backers but fuck right off.
He gave his biggest sprint to be subbed.
Pep is thinking long game over a season but if it doesn't work, then what?
What is City's best 11 Pep?

Can we now stop buying English players and paying over the odds!! England has one talent and he can't get in our team at the moment.

Stones is mint though.

Brilliant finish for the first one but Ortego was at fault for the second, way off his line. Nice chip but any average midfielder could've put that one away.

Too many senior players not cutting the mustard right now.

Foden - inconsistent

Cancelo - almost as bad as his first year with us when all he did was moan about playing time

Gundo - Probably one of the only ones that tried tonight but again dropped off from last year

Walker - Love him but hasn't been the same since getting injured last season.

Need these kinds of players back and firing on all cylinders if we're to challenge for stuff. Titles and winning stuff mean EVERYONE be chipping in. Can't just be looking to Kev, Bernie and Haaland to bail us out.

Feel sorry for Alvarez tonight. He looked exasperated. Absolutely zero help tonight.
Walker not a centre half.

Canelo obviously told not to go forward

Foden, one good game this season not the same player as previous seasons

That was fucking dreadful. Probably one of the worst games I’ve seen us play under Pep.

That being said football is about fine margins and it showed tonight. Individual errors from Gomez for the first and Ortega for the second (although I haven’t watched them back as I was at the match so going off what I saw live at the time). Difficult game from then on. Still didn’t create enough but if Alvarez scores that chance at the start of the second half or Kev plays it just a bit closer to Haaland in the 70th minute or so then it could’ve been a completely different game.

A lot of ifs for sure but it’s how football is sometimes. Still disappointing that we couldn’t really break such a shit side down. I really hope they and their dickhead fans get relegated.

What is also apparent was the average performances pre World Cup , they have had there eye on the tournament from the start of the season , especially the lads who knew it was their last WC (Kev especially). This season is an anomaly in some ways , and it’s apparent now we are conserving energy sub consciously with what lies ahead , that was totally out of character tonight and Pep dished out opportunities to some players. Two atrocious goals to give away set the early tone. I’ll take three in a row over ANY other competition tbh , fuck the domestics - let United cream themselves over those. The CL is the CL.
I’d expect nothing else but a City win on Saturday.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "The better team won. We didn't play good, we didn't play well in the beginning. There are many games you can start not good and overcome and we didn't do it.

"When you are not prepared to play this game you arrive one inch late and don't score a goal. When you are prepared you score the goal.

"Today was a bad night, the opponent was better so we have to congratulate them. To win games you have to deserve it and tonight we didn't deserve it."

Pep coming as close as he can to saying we were absolutely dogshit. He isn't blameless either. After a brilliant game at right back against Chelsea he sticks Walker in at center half, something that has never worked. He then picks Cancelo who's form has been dire for months and sticks Phillips in who's hardly played at all. Palmer has totally stalled in his progress and Foden looks out of sorts, Grealish is....well Grealish. A big fish in a small pond at Villa but totally lost here. Gundos form is a worry too, as is KDB's. The sudden drop in quality from both of them is a worry. We might need a big rebuild in the summer.

Ortega, Cancelo, Walker, Gomez, Gundogan, Phillips, Palmer, Alvarez and Foden… I wouldn’t give any of them more than 1 out of 10. At least half of them even less than 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.