Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Absolutely, Gomez has played his last game, Palmer will be loaned out to a championship club, Cancelo and Walker under huge pressure as well. Who would've thought an 18yo kid could soon become our number 1 right back
Walker is still our No 1 right back.

Can we be totally honest and say that our goalie was totally to blame for the second goal, or can we say what a wonderful chipped goal ?
Be honest, would we be ranting what a wonderful goal it was had KDB scored it ??
A bad City goal to concede or a wonderful executed goal from KDB ??

Seriously doubt that Djepo will score another goal like that as long as he has a hole in his arse.

deservedly beaten though apart from that.

I agree with a lot of that, and I really like Philipps, but tonight you could have asked the away end for a volunteer at half time and he would have improved us.

It's a big position to fill as Rodri found with Fernandhino, the difference though is Rodri was Fernandhino's replacement in waiting, Philipps isn't ever replacing Rodri on a regular basis, he's here to give him time off, we'll buy a better player when Rodri is running low on gas imho.

Fair view.

I don't think Philips is intending to replace Rodri. I don't think he replacing anyone. He's in rotation, but he has to find his strength/ identity and not be anonymous.

I mean Rodri came on, looked for the pass from defence and dragged the So'ton mid all over the place. KP can't wait for the pass, he's got to make the pass come to him and dictate the play.

I am sorry but that was really poor. The team & squad look light in WC characters and players. Fernandinho, David Silva, Aguero, Kompany, yaya, zaba, sane it just don’t seem the same connection at the moment.
Fucking hell, Sane's reputation gets bigger and bigger every year. He had half a decent season, drifted through games, fucked off back to Germany where he's done fuck all, and people want a statue of him.

F**k me we destroyed chelsea only 3 days ago.
We didn’t. We destroyed Everton and Arsenal away in the Centurion season. They were true demolitions, where no team on this Earth could hold a candle to us. We’ve been brilliant since, but that season was true destruction.

@cleavers and @Gray thank you.
It is a horrible colour kit and I’ve no idea why the club chose it in the first place. Unless it was to pander (old person alert) to the youngsters with psychedelic colours! I always think it looks as if we’ve got 10 extra goalkeepers on the pitch!

Plus if JB had been there it could have been different. But we live to fight another day. :-) I feel for the fans driving home in this weather at this time of night. I’ve done that route a few times on my own in my trusty Fiesta. That car has seen some away grounds in it’s time! *lol*. (Then I found out about the Eccles Supporters group)

We have to keep our sense of humour, we’re Manchester City. The very, very, very, best.

Fucking hell, Sane's reputation gets bigger and bigger every year. He had half a decent season, drifted through games, fucked off back to Germany where he's done fuck all, and people want a statue of him.
No but he he had a go at his full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.