Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Thoroughly disappointing performance. Southampton up for it from the off whilst we appeared to think it will happen in our own sweet way if we just amble about the pitch. The problem with our slow pace of both player movent and movement of the ball is we appear to lose concentration and end up conceding possession.
Not sure what is going on but twice in the last three or four games Pep has looked a little lost and slightly disinterested.
It was a poor set up from the off and whilst the changes made a slight difference we were still second beat.
That is Everton and Southampton, both fighting for survival who has caused us numerous problems.

Good news is, at least I’m not a Psychopath! because i had the ability to understand and share the feelings of how shite our performance was with the rest of the family.

Phillips isn't a patch on Fernandinho. Gomez is nowhere near Zinchenko. Palmer is nowhere near Sterling.

The squad is much weaker despite adding Haaland. We don't have anyone who can stretch the pitch out wide.

We want to play inverted fullbacks yet sold our best fullback for that system.

It's the weakest squad iteration since Pep joined. And Pep is having a really poor season too. So many erratic decisions, the system doesn't fit the personnel.
Agree on all fronts.

I was sceptical this summer that we were selling all our alternatives up front and leaving ourselves short across the piece.

Txiki and Pep had an absolute nightmare.

How arrogant do you have to be to believe you can sell more than you buy and improve? So, so poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.