Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup | Post Match Thread

Awful performance, I can't make a case for any one of the starting XI to play in the derby.

Most worrying for me is that we were still sh1t in the second half despite bringing the 'big guns ' on.
And we still can't pick out Haaland with crosses ( or Haaland can't get on the end of them whichever).
Not that simple when you’re bringing on players trying to force a goal but the opposition has a 2 goal cushion and can just get all the men behind the ball and protect the lead and counter if possible.

That’s why you don’t start quarter finals with a weak side, let your opponents build up confidence and a 2 goal lead. Then you’re just chasing and forcing it.

When are we going to learn we’re not going to score passing it around and backwards in our own 3rd.

Think pep the players looked where Southampton are in the league there last 6 games and thought it wouldn’t be that hard! Once the game started though they were in shock at Southampton closing down hoof ball then the winning of the second ball was outstanding by then! Once we went 2 down even though I hate city losing I thought this could be a blessing two hard semi finals and a final if we win! Less game more rest in this congested season maybe a good thing!

Oh Southampton we’re fantastic and am surprised they bottom of the league!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.