Southampton (A) - Carabao Cup QF - Wed 11th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a few years ago when these knocked us out of the FA Cup after nobody gave them a cat in hells chance ? All I'm saying is we've got a match away at a premier league club before we can start thinking about the semi's. C'MON CITY !!!!!

One thing for certain if we win tonight we won’t get wolves or forest in next round
Just been on the Toon forums and they’re saying the same. They want one of those two but know they won’t get them.

They want united. That’s how low the rags are now.

Remember a few years ago when these knocked us out of the FA Cup after nobody gave them a cat in hells chance ? All I'm saying is we've got a match away at a premier league club before we can start thinking about the semi's. C'MON CITY !!!!!
I actually don't remember. Last time we played Southampton in the FA Cup was 2007 and we beat them 3-1. Last time we played them in the FA Cup before that was 1960 and we lost 5-1. Funnily enough, our first ever game against Southampton in 1910 was in the FA Cup.

I actually don't remember. Last time we played Southampton in the FA Cup was 2007 and we beat them 3-1. Last time we played them in the FA Cup before that was 1960 and we lost 5-1. Funnily enough, our first ever game against Southampton in 1910 was in the FA Cup.
Could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I could of swore they knocked us out in front of the bbc cameras on a Sunday. But it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

View attachment 65524

Live on Sky Sports for those in the UK. Kick off time 20:00 (GMT).

No replays or VAR available.

Tough to predict a starting XI for this one. I think Pep did say that Phillips would start though.

We play United at 12:30 on Saturday.

If we play the team that was rested v Chelsea (bar 1 winger):
-------------Ortega
Lewis---Stones--Ake---Cancelo
--------------Phillips
-----De Bruyne---Gundogan
Mahrez-----Haaland----Grealish

We could easily play the same team that played tonight.

It's a tough call with United being on Saturday.
Should be Foden, Haaland and Grealish up top and I have reservations about Cancelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.