Southampton (A) - FA Cup QF | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What??? So 4 v 1 against scum was dire? Away win at Everton was dire? Clean sheet in a dead rubber meaningless game against sporting was dire? Get a grip!!!
Performance vs Palace was perfectly good also. If the two woodwork shots from Cancelo and KDB had gone in (which they easily good as keeper was well beaten each time), everyone would have been praising our endeavour for breaking down a solid concrete wall

I have the same problem with my football hating wife.
I would however suggest that spending her birthday in a bar with you pretending not to watch the football is likely to backfire.
I would suggest faking illness and staying at home instead is more likely to cause less damage;-)
She will assume that watching TV is not possible, confiscate the remote, and watch daytime soaps when the match is on.

My better half is interesting - she watches only the big matches with me but gets thoroughly emotional. We had an especially epic celebration together when Vinny's famous goal went in in May 2019.

Performance vs Palace was perfectly good also. If the two woodwork shots from Cancelo and KDB had gone in (which they easily good as keeper was well beaten each time), everyone would have been praising our endeavour for breaking down a solid concrete wall
I thought it was Chelsea fans who did that?

We've just arrived after deciding to travel down today. On the A34 near Oxford there was roadworks with two lanes going into one and then a diversion off the A34, took us an hour to do a mile. Presume it will be the same tomorrow but not sure. For fans travelling I would set off earlier than planned to be sure of arriving in plenty of time, or maybe consider another route.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my football hating wife.
I would however suggest that spending her birthday in a bar with you pretending not to watch the football is likely to backfire.
I would suggest faking illness and staying at home instead is more likely to cause less damage;-)
I'd suggest recording it, putting your phone on aeroplane mode for the day and watching it when she's gone to bed.

We've just arrived after deciding to travel down today. On the A34 near Oxford there was roadworks with two lanes going into one and then a diversion off the A34, took us an hour to do a mile. Presume it will be the same tomorrow but not sure. For fans travelling I would set off earlier than planned to be sure of arriving in plenty of time.
M6, M5, M4 then A34 looking better bet at the minute. Thanks for the update.

Agreed, this false 9 must be hitting Phil's confidence, he's just not suited to it at all. We've just too many left sided players now and Pep has to try and shoehorn Phil and Grealish in to the same team. For me it's Phil on the left Grealish central, then there's Sterling to think about as well. Doh!
His pressing is really good. Decent finisher and he’s quite good at heading the ball
There will be no dawdling on the ball when Foden is sniffing about.
his movement is quality.
He loses the ball a few times a game and gets pelters from teammates and Pep and us. So nothing wrong with his confidence
One day he’s going to absolutely rinse a team single-handedly

I know the game is on BBC, but it’s the wife’s birthday. We’re out in town for the afternoon, she hates football and wouldn’t know which team was which. So I’m looking for a bar in town that will be showing the game but she won’t really know we’re there specifically for the game.

Any suggestions? Cheers.
Get her pissed and put her to bed before the game…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.