Southampton (A) - FA Cup QF | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dire! Bloody hell, Bury at home and Stockport away was dire.
We‘ve just recently beaten our local rivals and taken the piss whilst doing so and you say we’ve been dire!

The entitlement of some supporters on this forum is beyond staggering, but you take the biscuit mate.
I know, I long for those days when we were delighted with a late Kevin Horlock equaliser to earn us a point at home against the mighty Swindon !

Dire! Bloody hell, Bury at home and Stockport away was dire.
We‘ve just recently beaten our local rivals and taken the piss whilst doing so and you say we’ve been dire!

The entitlement of some supporters on this forum is beyond staggering, but you take the biscuit mate.
OK "dire" is probably a bit strong, but performances have in the main been well below what we are capable of, for quite a long time now.

And you cannot even think about Stockport away etc as a comparison. Different club in a different time/galaxy far far away. I am sure Rafa Nadal has performances that he thinks are dire but which would still beat you and me 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. He would take little comfort in being told he's marvellous all the time. He has standards. And so do we and we've been falling well short of them in most recent games.

Let's see Sterling and Gundogan starting and no Foden in the false 9.
Agreed, this false 9 must be hitting Phil's confidence, he's just not suited to it at all. We've just too many left sided players now and Pep has to try and shoehorn Phil and Grealish in to the same team. For me it's Phil on the left Grealish central, then there's Sterling to think about as well. Doh!

Agreed, this false 9 must be hitting Phil's confidence, he's just not suited to it at all. We've just too many left sided players now and Pep has to try and shoehorn Phil and Grealish in to the same team. For me it's Phil on the left Grealish central, then there's Sterling to think about as well. Doh!
For me Phil needs to play as an attacking mid in the middle. He's got a ridiculous first touch, balance and acceleration to glide past opponents and has vision and passing ability 2nd only to KDB, and a close 2nd at that. He's wasted as a false 9 IMO.

Sterling - Grealish - Bernie/Mahrez

Phil - KDB

Rodri/Gundo

Cancelo - Dias - Stones - Walker

(When all fit of course)

I know the game is on BBC, but it’s the wife’s birthday. We’re out in town for the afternoon, she hates football and wouldn’t know which team was which. So I’m looking for a bar in town that will be showing the game but she won’t really know we’re there specifically for the game.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

I think we've been pretty dire lately, but underneath all the sub-par performances is one heck of a side busting to get out. I think we are going to be spurred on by the shit show at Palace and, playing as we can do, give them a right good shafting. 5-0 City.
What??? So 4 v 1 against scum was dire? Away win at Everton was dire? Clean sheet in a dead rubber meaningless game against sporting was dire? Get a grip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.