Southampton (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I didn't even cheer, i just said fuck!
Then got bollocked off the wife cause the young un was in the room, worth it though.
Kevin’s ‘no look’ over the shoulder pass to Jack in the first half was a thing of beauty that should be on a show reel.

Technique,vision, timing, accuracy....all executed whilst on the run.

On the way home, great away day! We were singing non stop! Great atmosphere, one of the best!
Saints fans to us when Haaland missed a header in the first half… ‘he’s just a shit ricky Lambert…’

When he scored his second, city fans… ‘he’s just a shit ricky Lambert’
Quality.

Concourse was bouncing at half time! On to Tuesday!
Yesterday was how it feels to be City. Anxiety when we don't get out of the starting blocks, then jaw-dropping amazement when we finally wake up. Turning around the Ricky Lambert chant was so typical City. The saints fans who sang the original chant must have felt so stupid.....if they hadn't already left the stadium.

Have to agree. Southampton had some decent chances before we scored. Bayern will be a bigger test but cannot wait for it!
I think at the Etihad the players get up for big matches. We've beaten all the big 6 teams at the Etihad this season. We have also won all of our UCL matches at the Etihad this season. The players will surely be up for it, the performance will be way better, Bayern couldn't have come at a better time.

...One thing that bugged me and got kind of lost in the four goals, the handball. It hit his hand definitively, and any argument for it being too close is nullified by the fact he clearly moves his hand towards the ball, and changed the flight of the ball, so what the hell VAR? Not mentioned at half time or in match of the day?
It's referees using the criteria for accidentally having your hand in an unnatural position to ignore the unchanged primary offence of deliberate handball.

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger.
I don't like it when they give handball when the ball hits a hand that the player is trying to pull out of the way. Yesterday I thought he had his arm close to the body but still flicked out his hand deliberately.

Here are the official all-time big chances created stats in the Premier League since Opta began tracking the metric.

Big Chances Created is a much better measure of creative players for the reason we say today: assists are heavily dependent on the receiving player finishing the chance, whilst Big Chances Created measures the creation of the clear chance itself, regardless of whether it lead to a goal.

Kev is arguably the best creative midfielder in Premier League history, and arguably up there with the best in the world.

557-FAD5-B-8-E2-B-47-DE-992-B-C64-BFE929113.jpg
No Giggs, when did they start the metric?

The upcoming arsenal match is starting to feel like the home matches against Utd 11/12 and Pool 18/19
We have course and distance.

Brighton a & Villa h were also huge tests of mental strength.

One
Game
At
A
Time.....is the philosophy and we’ll probably have to win them all.

We’ve done it before !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.