Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

The player didn't see it once he was in the middle of it. Either way what this statement by Sane suggests is that I was right in claiming it was debatable. Clearly if Sane the player involved didn't think it was a pen and an official using video clips thought it was, then the one thing we can conclude with absolute certititude is that it was a debatable call.

Which was my original position. I always find it strange when I get flack for holding a pretty tame position. Saying I thought it was debatable shouldn't have garnered as much flack as it did. Certainly not accusations of being blind or a rag :)
Exactly. Being in the middle of it whilst running at full pelt won't give the clearest view.

Great to have Vinnie back and playing like he does, it makes such a difference when he plays and the other defenders seem to improve with knowing hes there.
Good to see Bravo keep a clean sheet and he did well enough at passing the ball and starting attacks.
We always looked in control and should have had a pen but lo and behold it wasnt given, Sane looks great and he is fucking rapid.
Nice couple of assists from Kev and great to see Kun carry on with his goalscoring streak

Navas hasn been excellent in that position. I hope Guardiola tries to keep him because ever since he's played in that position he has put in some great displays.

Southampton were very poor. I expected a really tough game but they were so negative. Kompany was brilliant. Written off so many times, it's great to see him back.

Players make managers. If Kompany had been fit, we all know the season would have been very different.

Good that Bravo got a clean sheet. Important for the team that the keeper grows in confidence

Not a fucking gain. They were poor because we made them poor. We controlled the game from start to finish.
You can't do ANYTHING without the ball.

Exactly. Being in the middle of it whilst running at full pelt won't give the clearest view.
Sep, riddle me this had Sane come out and say it was a definite penalty but the experienced ref had concluded after multiple angle views that it wasn't. Are you honest telling me you'd be arguing the guy involved in the play doesn't know what he is talking about?

Seriously? Are we seriously arguing Sane doesnt know when he has been fouled?

Sep, riddle me this had Sane come out and say it was a definite penalty but the experienced ref had concluded after multiple angle views that it wasn't. Are you honest telling me you'd be arguing the guy involved in the play doesn't know what he is talking about?

Seriously? Are we seriously arguing Sane doesnt know when he has been fouled?

Give it a rest. We understand you don't think it was a penalty. It doesn't matter now.
Came on to get people's take on the match not your constant bitching about a penalty or not.

I so hope to God that this resurrection of King kompany is permanent. He was eggscelent today. And his goal and celebration in front of our fans certainly stirred at my heart strings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.