Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

One of the best performances of the season, absolutely brilliant through the whole XI; if only we could do this more consistently :)
I thought we were good up to a point in 1st half. Southampton basically let us have the ball and we were useless when it came to the penalty area. The last 30 minutes was very good viewing indeed, but the attacking flaws were visible for an hour.

It was good to see KDB having some very good moments. Hopefully coming into form at a good time.

Not sure everyone is understanding the Pep approach - that first 60-70 minutes wears the other team down. It's clinical and beautiful when it clicks.
Also - I agree 100% re: Vincent Kompany. This season would have been so different. Surely he has a massive role still??
Agree about Kompany but I bet Guardiola was extremely critical of the finishing and final ball. We finished the game very well, but first hour was good up to a point

Shout to Kevin De Bruyne who bagged two classy assists. Could've been many more for the season with some better finishing.

1st half was a bit drab, missed chances, another ref that won't give us anything and a Saints team with no ambition but just to sit back.

2nd half we got out of first gear and we're too strong. That break away go was sublime.

As for the pen, it was fine margins if it was or wasn't but the ref never gives the benefit of the doubt to us.
Commentators on BT Sport couldn't make their mind up. Poll said it was a pen. Then after the game. Gerrard said it wasn't. There have been some really blatant obvious pens we haven't had this season. This was one where the ref could not really have given it.

I thought we were good up to a point in 1st half. Southampton basically let us have the ball and we were useless when it came to the penalty area. The last 30 minutes was very good viewing indeed, but the attacking flaws were visible for an hour.

It was good to see KDB having some very good moments. Hopefully coming into form at a good time.

In all honesty I think we were unlucky not to have at least one by half time, especially if Silva buried his chance; always more difficult when a team puts 10 behind the ball though

In all honesty I think we were unlucky not to have at least one by half time, especially if Silva buried his chance; always more difficult when a team puts 10 behind the ball though
Very difficult to open teams up when they play like that. But several times we were in good attacking situations and it looked like a repeat in 2nd half until Kompany scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.