Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Why would sane say it wasn't a pk? That means he should have been booked for diving. Weird.
Clear as fuck pk . Pep been warned by the cartels.

Very difficult to open teams up when they play like that. But several times we were in good attacking situations and it looked like a repeat in 2nd half until Kompany scored.
Yeah I was fearing it was going to peater out to a drab 0-0 draw, thank goodness Vinny came up with the goods though :)

I know. But it gets regurgitated every time we have a good win. That could have been a lot trickier tie, but we
were excellent in all bar our finishing. First half anyway.

When the playing surface is good and the pitch large out style is difficult to match. The problems occur on the small pitches like spurs , Everton and Liverpool. Pep , I hope can learn this year that he needs to adapt to these small playing surfaces.

Commentators on BT Sport couldn't make their mind up. Poll said it was a pen. Then after the game. Gerrard said it wasn't. There have been some really blatant obvious pens we haven't had this season. This was one where the ref could not really have given it.

Is the benefit of the doubt meant for the attacker?

I have a suspicion if that was Hazard that went down it would have been a penalty?

Why would sane say it wasn't a pk? That means he should have been booked for diving. Weird.
Clear as fuck pk . Pep been warned by the cartels.

What!? Do you live in a world where everything that's not a penalty is a dive? Because the rest of us don't. He didn't appeal for a penalty when he went down, no referee in this country will book him for that.

Just because it's not a penalty, doesn't mean it's a dive.

How vital is Kompany to us ? Brilliant performance by all , navas & de Bruyne superb , Sane a constant threat , great shot in the arm before Arsenal .

What a ridiculously good player in his own right Vinnie is. The world's best in that position in my view - and yes I've seen all the other elite players in that position.. Otamendi looks a better player with Vinnie directing him. Very noticeable how he has the full backs on a leash and therefore they're better positioned when we're under pressure. Without any shadow of a doubt we present a more awkward looking defensive unit with Vinnie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.