Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

The score flattered us, in the first half we couldn't pass out from the back without conceding possession or kicking it into touch. Mind you the Saints pressed us very well high up the field and this was a factor in these errors. That cross field pass from Grealish in the first half was one of the worst passes ever. It probably ended up in row z!

Some of our fans love a good whinge. We have the nickname "the bitters" off fans of other clubs, and it seems like some of our fanbase are determined to live up (down?) to that monicker.
'Bitters' is more to do with us resenting the red shite's success( I should know as I was very bitter). Whinging is a different thing entirely.

The score flattered us, in the first half we couldn't pass out from the back without conceding possession or kicking it into touch. Mind you the Saints pressed us very well high up the field and this was a factor in these errors. That cross field pass from Grealish in the first half was one of the worst passes ever. It probably ended up in row z!
If they managed to keep that tempo up for the second half as well then questions would've needed to be asked. Liverpool inhalers levels of energy required to do that. The only real danger for us losing that game was if they managed to grab the lead somehow and then hold on for dear life. With our profligate finishing of recent times it would have been a possibility.

Felt like I watched the four heavyweights of City's attack score today, while the two who are falling short of that standard got subbed off and we instantly looked better.

Southampton fans are a joke. Whenever they play a decent side, they should schedule the first bus for home fans for the 65th minute to catch the 5,000 or so that filter out as soon as they go two goals down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.