Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

What? You think we were good?

By asking if that's the worst 4-1 ever I'm saying have we ever come out with such a convincing scoreline that doesn't match the performance.
We were better against palace midweek than we were today, we were better in the 1-1 draw against them in the league at Saint Mary's than we was today. One of our poorest performances of the season on the whole yet one of our better results. Some poor mistakes from them and some moments of pure class primarily from our subs put a shine on that. Not complaining, give me another 16 of those please, result was all that mattered but in my opinion Pep won't be pleased with that performance despite the inevitable interviews saying the usual about us being so so good.
Agree entirely,we were well off form and looked like we had hardly played together at times.It wasn't an enjoyable watch until the replacements took to the field.The result very much papered over a poor performance.

Very satisfying to beat them. I don't bear no grudges against any team that's mid table and gets joy from beating us but... after 2 draws. Their managers fucking celebrations whenever they score. Their fans. The commentary. The booing of Grealish showing how petty they are. Booing as they think we're time wasting as though they're in control. Them fucking boom. 4 fucking 1. Fuck off.

I don't like Southampton one bit. Weird fans and people. I sailed with a fair few from that region years ago and they were invariably cocky not nice people. Portsmouth fans call them scummers for this reason.

According to some Portsmouth fans, the term "scum" developed out of an fictitious acronym standing for Southampton City (or Corporation) Union Men, with the term allegedly originating from when Southampton dockyard workers supposedly crossed the picket lines in the 1930s when Portsmouth dockyard workers were on strike.

I don't like them for causing a huge fuss about the ticket allocation for our last ever game at Maine Road then beating us 1-0. After all the fuss they didn't even sell out their ticket allocation, which is normal for them. Then they sing "Your support is fucking shit" to us after we took almost 5,000 fans on a Sunday for a 400 mile round trip bring shown live on the TV. Fuck off Southampton and then fuck off some more.

MjAxMy1kNTJlZDZlZWQ4MTQ3YTRi.png

I don't like Southampton one bit. Weird fans and people. I sailed with a fair few from that region years ago and they were invariably cocky not nice people. Portsmouth fans call them scummers for this reason.

According to some Portsmouth fans, the term "scum" developed out of an fictitious acronym standing for Southampton City (or Corporation) Union Men, with the term allegedly originating from when Southampton dockyard workers supposedly crossed the picket lines in the 1930s when Portsmouth dockyard workers were on strike.

I don't like them for causing a huge fuss about the ticket allocation for our last ever game at Maine Road then beating us 1-0. After all the fuss they didn't even sell out their ticket allocation, which is normal for them. Then they sing "Your support is fucking shit" to us after we took almost 5,000 fans on a Sunday for a 400 mile round trip bring shown live on the TV. Fuck off Southampton and then fuck off some more.

View attachment 38961

View attachment 38961
Singing "your support is fucking shit" back at them when they piled out after the forth was great.

What? You think we were good?

By asking if that's the worst 4-1 ever I'm saying have we ever come out with such a convincing scoreline that doesn't match the performance.
We were better against palace midweek than we were today, we were better in the 1-1 draw against them in the league at Saint Mary's than we was today. One of our poorest performances of the season on the whole yet one of our better results. Some poor mistakes from them and some moments of pure class primarily from our subs put a shine on that. Not complaining, give me another 16 of those please, result was all that mattered but in my opinion Pep won't be pleased with that performance despite the inevitable interviews saying the usual about us being so so good.
Now you know Pep has said nothing of the sort. In fact he has said what most on here have been saying, that the middle part of the game was not that good.

And that's exactly why I dislike them: They couldn't even sell a reduced allocation. - But it got worse.
The twats complained to the PL and we had to give them a full allocation free of charge the following season IIRC and they "sold" those only because their club subsidised transport.

In the hat, velvet bag, or plastic bowl so that’s all that matters
I am not sure that I have ever seen a hat used for the draw, despite the common phrase. I would guess that it used to relate to a political vote of some sort but you have got me thinking. Funny how I have never considered it before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.