Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

Thank god our matchday support bears zero resemblance to the posters in the BM matchday thread.

Today was absurd. The vitriol against our own team is disgusting. Every fucking match. They seem to hate City and then piss off when we start winning making their former comments look even more ridiculous.

Im no happy clapper but to have that level of negativity against City and I’m not having none of them are blues….they obviously are.

I know it’s said every match but what drives City fans to hate the team that much? Do we need “support” like that on here?

As you can tell I’m totally pissed off with it. Not sure what the answer is but it’s not sorting anything to say just don’t go in there.

Total contrast to the actual away support which,as usual,was a credit to City.
It can be the same at the match too pal. There were 2 blokes behind me, utter bell end cunts, shouting abuse at players at every mis hit pass, fucking knobs. I just about kept it together and didn’t say anything as I was there with my 2 lads but when we turned round to do the Poznań at 3 1 and the gobbiest of the two cunts was stood there facing forward with his arms folded I had to tell him what a **** he was. How people can travel that far and just shout continuous senseless abuse at our players is beyond me. These two made the matchday thread seem like an oasis of positivity

Last edited:
I love how Gabby is getting dug out by some when he assisted Sterling's first goal and won the penalty which led to the second. And it was Grealish's pass to Jesus which led to Gabby's run into the box which earned the penalty. Yet some here seem to think both of them did nothing in the game.

As some have pointed out, it was actually the second goal from the penalty that changed the game and Foden and Mahrez were able to take advantage. Gabby and Jack did their bit in wearing out Southampton so that they were tiring by the time the first subs were made, but apparently their contribution was worthless to some people. And there were other players who weren't subbed off who were far more guilty of poor passing (Grealish had 86% pass accuracy for eg, whereas Sterling was on 68%).

Grealish and Jesus were easy subs to make because they were easy swaps with Foden and Mahrez. Doesn't mean they were the worst players on the pitch so got subbed.

Poor first half but we got our noses in front and created a couple of chances. Their equaliser is one of those that probably never happens again. Second half was much better we scored our goals and still missed some chances, how the heck Stirling missed that header, well fortuantely it didn't matter. Cup football is all about the result and getting through to the next round. Overall we deserved to win, which we did so job done. Well done City boys now we can look forward to the Burnley game which will be another tough physical encounter, same scoreline would be just the ticket.

It can be the same at the match too pal. There were 2 blokes beyond me, utter bell end cunts, shouting abuse at players at every mis hit pass, fucking bell ends. I just about kept it together as I was there with my 2 lads but when we turned round to do the Poznań at 3 1 and the gobbiest of the two cunts was stood there facing forward with his arms folded I had to tell him what a **** he was. How people can travel that far and just shout continuous senseless abuse at our players is beyond me. These two made the matchday thread seem like an oasis of positivity
It’s a coping mechanism,they must have boring nondescript lives (bar when they go to games)and this is how they vent let off steam,could be 5-0 up at HT in a game and they’d still be ranting it’s like a desperate need to vent at anything regardless..

It can be the same at the match too pal. There were 2 blokes beyond me, utter bell end cunts, shouting abuse at players at every mis hit pass, fucking bell ends. I just about kept it together as I was there with my 2 lads but when we turned round to do the Poznań at 3 1 and the gobbiest of the two cunts was stood there facing forward with his arms folded I had to tell him what a **** he was. How people can travel that far and just shout continuous senseless abuse at our players is beyond me. These two made the matchday thread seem like an oasis of positivity
They could have been rags in disguise !

They could have been rags in disguise !
I have no doubt they were City fans mate but the vitriol was horrific. They are entitled to their jaundiced views but when they shout it that loud it would have been wrong not to say something. Gobshites

Worst 4-1 win ever?

Very harsh on southampton in my opinion, they were better than us for almost half the game. Deserved to go through but the scoreline flattered us. Performance was largely the same as it has been for the majority of the past 2 months, too sloppy, too lethargic, too rigid and above all, too slow. We were very good last 20 after the game was safe and a decent first 20.

Relying too heavily on individual moments from a few in form players when we're set up for it to be about the team. Getting through was all that mattered today, we did what was required so the rest can be quickly forgotten but we seriously need to find another level after the international break, Liverpool will beat us with us at that level, atleti will too.

Worst 4-1 win ever?

Very harsh on southampton in my opinion, they were better than us for almost half the game. Deserved to go through but the scoreline flattered us. Performance was largely the same as it has been for the majority of the past 2 months, too sloppy, too lethargic, too rigid and above all, too slow. We were very good last 20 after the game was safe and a decent first 20.

Relying too heavily on individual moments from a few in form players when we're set up for it to be about the team. Getting through was all that mattered today, we did what was required so the rest can be quickly forgotten but we seriously need to find another level after the international break, Liverpool will beat us with us at that level, atleti will too.
?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.