Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

Started well, went to crap in the middle and we were good again last 30 mins. Should have scored more than 4 really from some of the chances we had.

Gundogan was very good and it was nice to see him again in CM. Would like to see him alongside Bernardo and Rodri again. It's by far our most effective CM. I thought Sterling started and finished quite lively and Foden added some energy after coming on. Quite a few below their best though.

Would be nice to get Forest in the next round ;-)

Much better after we took the lead at 2-1, We were really sloppy up until we did go ahead after the penalty then we started to grow confiendece and take them apart.
Actually happy we have a break now I think we could do with it and I think the break is coming at the wrong time for Liverpool because they are in their stride.
Hopefully it's a City v Palace Semi final

Shit sandwich.
Very good first and last 15 minutes. The filling in between poor. Lots of individual errors.
Foden and Mahrez turned us from a struggling side to a cruising one.

Please never play that midfield against high energy teams.

Great character from the players and pep to turn it around

Well first things first we’re in the semi-finals and that’s all you’d want at the start of the game.

And we actually used some substitutions!

We looked fantastic for the first 20 minutes and then I’m not quite sure what happened. Maybe the players thought at one nil it was game over but a fair few of them need to either a break or a kick up the arse right now. How a team like Southampton can make us look quite so disjointed and shaky I do not know. Good to hear both Pep and Kev state nit happy with performance.

Phil Foden can really smack a football.

Joe Cancello is beginning to drive me slightly mad. I think he’s one of the best players we’ve ever had but suddenly seems to be just giving the ball away too often.

Good job John Stones looks solid because Laporte suddenly looks wobbly.

Last thing I’m afraid I really don’t think we have got a clue where to play Jack Grealish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.