Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

Worried for a lot of that game. We gave the ball away too much and they were good on the counterattack. But I knew that would how the game would go. Will we give the ball away that much in some of the biggest games coming up? It's OK if we take our chances but we aren't taking a lot of easy ones at the moment. Anyway, enjoyable at the end. We're on our way to Wembley!

Fucking awful till the subs. hope the break gives us a respite and a fresh charge.

we need Dias back badly for the run in.

i am a true believer that when your down and struggling then something special like foden goal gives you a 2nd wind
very poor 60 minutes from the whole team we could not pass or defend without looking dodgy ?

jesus is a very big problem for me and does he work hard enough for the team ? mahrez comes on and plays and opens up the game. he did more in 20 minutes than jesus did for 70 minutes ? but he wanted it that is the difference.
you could see the whole team play without fear when mahrez comes on.

but phil foden goal could be the season make or break moment for me

Arguably, we were worse than we were against Palace. But today, we took most of our chances. If we'd done the same last Monday, there would barely have been a mention re the performance. Anyway; from here on in, it's all about results. The team took care of business today.

I thought Rodri was iffy again and Jesus didn’t really get into the game in a positive way. The jurys still very much out on Grealish
To be fair Southampton gave it a bloody good go, but in the end our class told
It was a really stupid foul to give away for our penalty
Fabulous goals from Foden and Mahrez
KDB was terrific throughout and my MOTM

I'll take Forest in the semi please

No, its a lesson I learnt long ago and you need to suffer until you learn it yourself.
Looked at half-time and thought we had Pollock in midfield and Kit Symons at the back with Frank Clark playing guitar on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.