Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Breathtaking first half hour where I thought we could of been 10 up but we dropped off a little after that. We didn't really do much to deserve the 4th but it came and that was game over. Sterling easily MoTM, Aguero close behind only because Sterling had a part in everything and caused them far more trouble on the ball.

The counter could be a concern next week as fast players can exploit the space when Walker/Mendy push forwards. Mendy seems a bit of a liability defensively but I think that will be ironed out once he settles down.

I never said you can’t discuss the game or points from the game did I ? I just don’t understand the moaning. We won 6-1 and a lot of posts on here are complaints and negative.

Right now there isn’t really a lot/anything to complain about and yes it does come across as very entitled.right now I would actually expect mostly praise tbh as we are near enough perfect. But it’s bluemoo so maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.
I think some of the posts come off more negative than they actually are because they are taken in isolation. That is, those posters have already talked about how great we were/are and have moved on to just discussing the potential weaknesses of our performance or current team in the context of the match. It makes sense, as you wouldn’t start every post 20 pages in to the thread with “as I have said several times before today, we were great, however”. The natural progression of discussion means posts in later pages, are going to inherently seem more negative (with a few first time thread posters intermingled with the praise most people started off with in the earlier pages).

I do agree there will always be a few that are very negative, with little in the way of praise shared, but I think those are very much in the minority. And some of them aren’t even blues.

But, back to the thread topic: Did you see how Sane seemed to drive on more after things did not come off for him? In the past he would tend to sulk and drift out of games when he was not influencing things as he would like. Yesterday, though, he just kept plugging away, and eventually got his reward with a well taken goal.

That is a big, maybe more subtle positive I took from the match myself.

Last edited:
Breathtaking first half hour where I thought we could of been 10 up but we dropped off a little after that. We didn't really do much to deserve the 4th but it came and that was game over. Sterling easily MoTM, Aguero close behind only because Sterling had a part in everything and caused them far more trouble on the ball.

The counter could be a concern next week as fast players can exploit the space when Walker/Mendy push forwards. Mendy seems a bit of a liability defensively but I think that will be ironed out once he settles down.
Does .. not .. compute.

City going forward we were brilliant yesterday. Yes we took our chances, well most of them. We still should have had another 3 more goals to our target. However if we defend like that against the rags next Sunday we will get hammered.

short memory mate, if we defend like that sun there is every chance of a repeat of the last derby, but in saying that our irresistible forward play providing we take our chances should see us home
Substitute the Rags for the saints yesterday,and you think they would have hammered us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.